Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
genius

new version "All the King's Men"

Saw a press screening of this new picture today..and it's a gem..and, dare I say, better than the first movie...Highly recommended

It's hard to believe that the new version could surpass the original (which copped several Oscars, didn't it?)

However, on the newly released DVD of the vintage "All The King's Men," there is supposed to be a preview included of the update.

Is it really anything to write home about?

I've become so accustomed to all remakes being pretty pedestrian and uninspired.

Call me jaded but there you have it.

The remake is atmospheric, has terrific performances and features more of the book than is in the original..and fyi, I am a film reviewer - the studio people they hire to pump up message boards would never deign to be on this one - I see most of the movies long before they are released and just thought folks here would appreciate hearing..jeez

I certainly appreciate it. I like the old one. Good characters. Thought provoking. But it's a mere sketch of Robert Penn Warren's outstanding novel. It has to be. How could they get all that depth and nuance into a two hour movie. But there's so much more to this story. In the right hands, it could be impressive. Looking forward to it.

Red River