Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy birthday, BOB DYLAN

Sepiatone

If we can debate between Elvis and Sinatra, why not acknowledge one of the more influential singer/songwriters of the 20th century?

When I was 14, his "It's Alright Ma(I'm Only Bleeding)" said everything I was thinking and feeling at the time, and didn't know how to say. It still remains my favorite Dylan song.

And although I didn't like PAT GARRETT and BILLY THE KID all that much, I DID get a kick out of seeing Bob in it.

He turns 75 today.  So have a blessed birthday Bob.

Sepiatone

Good choice.  But SING IT OUT CG, humming it loses it's impact.  A band I was in used to do that tune amidst our blues set.

As a joke, I was driving with a friend somewhere when I noticed he had removed his belt and wrapped it around his head!

In Jr. high in the mid to late '60's, there was only me and three or four others who were big Dylan "freaks".  I even used to( for a VERY short spell) walk around in my chamois coat with a harmonica in a holder( I did also get to where I could play and blow the harp at the same time, and was able to cop many of Bob's harmonica runs) dangling down like some kind of necklace!

Sepiatone

Good choice.  But SING IT OUT CG, humming it loses it's impact.  A band I was in used to do that tune amidst our blues set.

As a joke, I was driving with a friend somewhere when I noticed he had removed his belt and wrapped it around his head!

In Jr. high in the mid to late '60's, there was only me and three or four others who were big Dylan "freaks".  I even used to( for a VERY short spell) walk around in my chamois coat with a harmonica in a holder( I did also get to where I could play and blow the harp at the same time, and was able to cop many of Bob's harmonica runs) dangling down like some kind of necklace!

Sepiatone

Did you ever date Joan Baez, Sepia?

Didn't you hate the way she messed up the lyrics to "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"?

By the way, speaking of Dylan I think his once girlfriend, Suzie Rotolo, who achieved her own brand of fame for being the girl walking with him on the cover of the "Freewheeling" album, died earlier this year.

Happy 75th birthday, Mr. Dylan.

I am a big fan of his music as a songwriter, a singer, a instrumentalist and as a band member of The Traveling Wilburys.

My favourite songs include Mr. Tamberine Man, Blowing in the Wind, and The Times They Are a Changing.

I am a big fan of his music as a songwriter, a singer, a instrumentalist and as a band member of The Traveling Wilburys.

My favourite songs include Mr. Tamberine Man, Blowing in the Wind, and The Times They Are a Changing.

We've got to get you a stepladder so you can pick some higher-hanging fruit.

I just played "Visions of Johanna" and "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know" and wondered if he ever played these two in concert, cuz he didn't when I saw him.

What did he play as a TW, CF?

I just played "Visions of Johanna" and "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know" and wondered if he ever played these two in concert, cuz he didn't when I saw him.

Guitar. There were two records only.

They had a session drummer as everyone played Guitar:

Other members;

Roy Orbison (for first record before he died)

Tom Petty

George Harrison

Jeff Lynne

• Like 1

Dylan freak as I am, circumstances always interferred with my being able to see him live.

But I did have that "live" LP he put out in the '70's with MICK RONSON in that band, and really dug his rearrangement of "Maggies' Farm".  In fact, I caught him on TV a few times after that, and he NEVER played that song the same way twice.

"Visions Of Johanna", CG?

LOVE that tune!   Has another one of my favorite Dylan visual images----"The jelly faced women all sneeze."

Another on "Blonde On Blonde", "Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again" is FULL of 'em.

But also being big into guitar work, I'd say my favorite Dylan "cover" ( and there's tons of them) is JOHNNY WINTER'S  version of "Highway 61 Revisited".  I always wondered what Johnny would have done with "Tombstone Blues" with that unmatchable slide work during the instrumental breaks.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings