Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News: Tiffany Vazquez to join TCM as permanent host

Barton_Keyes

TCM announced today that Tiffany Vazquez will be the Saturday daytime host of the channel beginning in June 2016.

Ms. Vazquez is a familiar face to TCM fans, having won the TCM Ultimate Fan Contest in 2014 and appeared on-air as a guest programmer with Robert Osborne in April of that year. She was later invited back by TCM to host the channel's December 2015 Spotlight series on girlfriends in the movies. She has also hosted a variety of events at the 2015 and 2016 TCM Classic Film Festivals.

With this announcement, Ms. Vazquez will become only the third permanent host in TCM's twenty-two year history. This move comes as TCM is increasing the workload of Ben Mankiewicz -- he'll still be hosting on Sunday afternoons and various weekday evenings -- and simultaneously preparing for the imminent retirement of Robert Osborne -- though nothing official has been announced on that score yet, the writing has been on the wall for some time.

You can read more about Tiffany Vazquez here: https://www.turner.com/pressroom/tiffany-vazquez.

Lol...this should make some people really happy. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, and I think she'll do fine with some experience (and a better fact-checker and/or cue card writer).

Who is she?

Update: Sorry, I read this thread in reverse order. I see the answer was right there.

I think I was in shock that TCM would pick anyone over someone like Dargo or all the other film aesthetes here.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

PLEASE BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I don't think so.

I did not care for her Spotlight on Girlfriends.  I watched the first night and then skipped it.

Could we get Sister Rose as a permanent host?

WHY COULD IT NOT HAVE BEEN MS. STOWE?

Or Winona. Or Chris Isaak. Or a Red Swingline stapler.

. I swear to God, I may as well just go ahead and say goodbye to you all now, I love you all and I'm going to miss you. But I am getting banned over this.

This girl is awful and has no business on TCM.

Or Winona. Or Chris Isaak. Or a Red Swingline stapler.

. I swear to God, I may as well just go ahead and say goodbye to you all now, I love you all and I'm going to miss you. But I am getting banned over this.

This girl is awful and has no business on TCM.

Well look at the bright side;  she can only get better.

Thank you.

FYI, there's an even bigger font available: 72. Scrolldown. And u need to bolden it too.

Hey, Lorna I don't remember ever seeing this woman host so could you explain why you seem not to be too happy about this eventuality of her being a "permanent host", whatever that means.

Did she not live up to your expectations of what a TCM host should be or...?

"Permanent host" sounds a bit like "Forever Stamps", however long forever is!

• Like 1

Hey, Lorna I don't remember ever seeing this woman host so could you explain why you seem not to be too happy about this eventuality of her being a "permanent host", whatever that means.

Hang on. I'm getting offline after this because I'm just so upset by this news. And I really don't want to jeopardize my privileges of posting here. But anyone else who remembers her Spotlight on girlfriends, feel free to elaborate because right now I just can't even put it into words. She appeared on a Friday night Spotlight a few months back it was focused on girlfriends. Her delivery was not good and she mangled her facts very badly.

I actually initially defended her, but her performance just did not improve. Someone find that thread somewhere and take it out. I don't remember a single positive things said about her in it.

• Like 2

We did not like her hosting duties, CaveGirl.

Let us not go back to details.

By the way, Lorna:

My font size on my laptop could not get any bigger than 48.

We did not like her hosting duties, CaveGirl.

Let us not go back to details.

By the way, Lorna:

My font size on my laptop could not get any bigger than 48.

Actually. In this case I think the details matter. Because I am judging her solely on that Spotlight appearance, but like I said she was Lorraine Bracco on the scale of guest posts. Just someone who has never spent any time in front of a camera at all.

If you scroll down a couple places in the font sizes, you'll see the option for 72. But it's cool I really like what you did and I appreciate it.

Seriously you guys I'm just putting my phone up and trying to stay offline for the rest the day because I'm going to say something that is going to get me banned.

I am so upset about this.

• Like 1

Someone with some kind of technical know-how, dig up the damn thread when we talked about her the day after her SPOTLIGHT appearance.

. She was an utter embarrassment.

You can say NO all you want but it isn't going to change anything.  All we can hope for is that now that she has an actual job working for TCM instead of being a guest host,   TCM will groom her for the job and take the necessary steps to ensure she is professional;  e.g.  redo takes until she gets it right,  review her notes to ensure accuracy etc....