Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To Kill A Mockingbird Sequel

heinlein

I googled To Kill A Mockingbird sequel and all that popped up were references to Go Set A Watchman.

I know that many years ago I viewed a cinematic sequel with the same characters and stars of the original movie, Gregory Peck, Mary Badham et al. What has happened to it. Does it still exist? It used some of the leftover story lines of TKAM plus some new material, like the neighbor who was growing prize melons. I cannot recall the title.

I don't think there was a sequel made of To Kill a Mockingbird, and definitely not with Peck.

No, there is NO sequel of To Kill a Mockingbird with Gregory Peck.

What there was, however, was a novel by Harper Lee which proved to be the original version of To Kill a Mockingbird novel before it was edited which looks at the entire life of Scout Finch which was published shortly before Harper Lee died.

Whether or not anyone plans to make this other novel into a movie is unknown to me, but Peck died in 2003 and one of his grandchildren was named Harper after Harper Lee.  The movie has nothing to do with the Peck family.

Even if Ethan Peck -Gregory's grandson - was interested in the movie, he is not the right age.  Ethan Peck just turned 30.  and considering the portrayal of Atticus in the other novel, I cannot se him wanting to touch this even if he *were* the right age.

I have read Go Set A Watchman. It is more like TKAM part 2, from Scout's adult perspective. They make a greater impression as a set, than apart.

Yes. Well, that would be the only sequel that I know about at all.  If they did decide to make a movie about it, that could for certain be considered a sequel.

In the book, "Go Set A Watchman", Atticus has went over to the dark side.  Anyone planning to make a movie based on it be controversial to say the least. What, Atticus might wear a pointed hoody?? (referring to him attending a K_K_K meeting) :o

http://www.today.com/news/mockingbirds-atticus-turns-racist-watchman-sequel-t31661

Even the triple K group is auto EDITED! - Give me a BREAK! How are we to refer to them in movies? :angry:

In the book, "Go Set A Watchman", Atticus has went over to the dark side.  Anyone planning to make a movie based on it be controversial to say the least. What, Atticus might wear a pointed hoody?? (referring to him attending a K_K_K meeting) :o

http://www.today.com/news/mockingbirds-atticus-turns-racist-watchman-sequel-t31661

Even the triple K group is auto EDITED! - Give me a BREAK! How are we to refer to them in movies? :angry:

You see, this is why Ethan would not touch it.

And this is why I don't want  to read the book anytime soon.

I had a private conversation about this with Hep Classic after Harper lee died and I started an obituary thread about the writer.

I will at sometime read the sequel and  To Kill a Mockingbird together.

But I'm not sure when as I don't want to think of Atticus in that way.

I think we could refer to the group as White Supremists.

I think that would tick off Diana Ross.

I'm sorry if I type anything wrong in this message but that is due to me laughing so hard about your witticism about things with the word "supreme" in them and "Call Me, Miss Ross", SCSU.

Really now, good one.

It is easy to spell that word wrong though, since there has been much more written online about Diana than about the Klan.

No, there is NO sequel of To Kill a Mockingbird with Gregory Peck.

What there was, however, was a novel by Harper Lee which proved to be the original version of To Kill a Mockingbird novel before it was edited which looks at the entire life of Scout Finch which was published shortly before Harper Lee died.

Whether or not anyone plans to make this other novel into a movie is unknown to me, but Peck died in 2003 and one of his grandchildren was named Harper after Harper Lee.  The movie has nothing to do with the Peck family.

Even if Ethan Peck -Gregory's grandson - was interested in the movie, he is not the right age.  Ethan Peck just turned 30.  and considering the portrayal of Atticus in the other novel, I cannot se him wanting to touch this even if he *were* the right age.

Since you are the site's expert on anything to do with Gregory Peck, CF I shall bow to your expertise on this topic.

After you do read the new novel by Harper Lee please post what you thought of it. I read it and found it interesting but would appreciate your viewpoint immensely!

In Go Set A Watchman, I don't think Atticus "went over to the darkside." For those of you who have decided not to read it, I think you should reconsider. It is a finely written adult look at the  same characters in TKAM, just not so angelically drawn. One should consider that in the book version of TKAM, Atticus is a smaller character than in the cinematic version. The movie expanded his role and those additions improved the story, but also made his character more saintly than the print version. 

In Go Set A Watchman, I don't think Atticus "went over to the darkside." For those of you who have decided not to read it, I think you should reconsider. It is a finely written adult look at the  same characters in TKAM, just not so angelically drawn. One should consider that in the book version of TKAM, Atticus is a smaller character than in the cinematic version. The movie expanded his role and those additions improved the story, but also made his character more saintly than the print version. 

Hey, Stranger in a Sort of Strange Land, I agree with you.

I did not think Atticus went over to a darker side or any side, which was not interesting for the reader.

Characters can change over the years and the book is well written.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings