Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

quasi-Hitchcock films

jameselliot

If anyone from TCM reads this, I'd like to see the station program Moment To Moment, a 1966 Universal release starring Jean Seberg and Honor Blackman. It's not on DVD and the VHS is very expensive. It's a quasi-Hitchcock thriller with a glossy style like Woman of Straw. I don't remember it being shown on TCM.

• Like 1

If anyone from TCM reads this, I'd like to see the station program Moment To Moment, a 1966 Universal release starring Jean Seberg and Honor Blackman. It's not on DVD and the VHS is very expensive. It's a quasi-Hitchcock thriller with a glossy style like Woman of Straw. I don't remember it being shown on TCM.

The two most obvious are Stanley Donen's CHARADE and ARABESQUE.

• Like 2

The two most obvious are Stanley Donen's CHARADE and ARABESQUE.

Two of my favourite films which I was just going to mention if you had not already done so - they are shown on TCM a lot.

Another Hitchcockian thriller is a western starring Gregory Peck and Eva Marie Saint - Hitchcock actors - called Stalking Moon.

That aired recently.

Another great film is The Bride Wore Black.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed all the films mentioned, thanks. Several times. And they are all well-done. Moment To Moment is the elusive one. Ive read on other boards over the years how difficult it is to see. It seems like a perfect fit for TCM and they have the connections to get a quality print. By the way, does anyone from TCM ever reply on this forum?

I've enjoyed all the films mentioned, thanks. Several times. And they are all well-done. Moment To Moment is the elusive one. Ive read on other boards over the years how difficult it is to see. It seems like a perfect fit for TCM and they have the connections to get a quality print. By the way, does anyone from TCM ever reply on this forum?

They do indeed READ this forum, as a lot of programming challenges give TCM ideas about how and what to program.

I heard that Mel Brooks's Hitchcockian satire, High Anxiety, pleased Alfred Hitchcock very much. Mel Brooks let Hitch preview the movie to get his approval before it opened.

Brooks said that Hitchcock actually helped with writing the screenplay. High Anxiety is a takeoff on 3 of Hitch's movies - - Spellbound, Vertigo and The Birds.

I don't like all of Mel Brooks's satires, but I wished that High Anxiety had been longer. I really enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

"Serial Mom" (1994)--Stars Kathleen Turner, and riffs on at least ten Hitchcock movies and two "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" television episodes.  Very funny film.

"Body Double" (1984)--DePalma film is a salute to several Hitchcock films.

"Diabolique" (1955)--Plot is a twist on several Hitchcock films, "The Trouble With Harry" (1955) among them.

"Foul Play" (1978)--Goldie Hawn film is a parody of Hitchcock films, and their structure. "Stage Fright" (1950) is just one of the films parodied..  There's even a MacGuffin to set things in motion.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings