Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watching Full Film Versions On Youtube

im4cinema2

Sometimes TCM doesn't have a certain film I wish to view so I resort to Youtube. Youtube may provide it easily but other times you get this nasty little message that you will have to download which includes giving credit card information with the promise you'll not be charged. Then you go through more garbage they try to sell you like additional software etc. Phooey. I've gotten viruses on several of these attempts. I end up actually buying the film from TCM or Amazon. If I can't see a movie without giving my precious information I will not see it no matter if it's "free". Do you agree?

There are a variety of ways to see movies on YT.  The best, of course, are ones there for the clicking.  Others have a small pop-up ad that you can click away.  Others are more irritating in that you have a number of pop-ups you have to periodically click down.  Some others have an actual commercial of variable length at the beginning, and which you have the option to skip after a few seconds.  Some have ads you can't skip, upwards of a minute.  Yet more movies have a number of ads you can or can't skip.

The last and worst are what you describe.  They are bait-and-switch phony scams.  You know them by their almost universal appendage "-Full Movie" to the title.  I shun these.

• Like 2

Sometimes TCM doesn't have a certain film I wish to view so I resort to Youtube. Youtube may provide it easily but other times you get this nasty little message that you will have to download which includes giving credit card information with the promise you'll not be charged. Then you go through more garbage they try to sell you like additional software etc. Phooey. I've gotten viruses on several of these attempts. I end up actually buying the film from TCM or Amazon. If I can't see a movie without giving my precious information I will not see it no matter if it's "free". Do you agree?

Yes.  For now.  There are other ways to get it than Youtube redirects.  That just seems fishy to me from the get-go.  If it is super-hard-to-find (ie not officially for sale), sometimes you can find someone selling it online who doesn't require a subscription to some sort of "service".  Places like iOffer or eBay can work out, I have even found a few individuals who sell homemade copies of really hard to find movies on their own website.  The best is when TCM plays them though.  I have upgraded quite a few homemade copies just by getting it from TCM when they show it in a blue moon.

• Like 2

I am sad when I see payment is required for watching movie on: YouTube. It is nearly all times bootleg site or pure scam. A few are legitimate Pay-Per-View from legitimate studio but I rebel at thought of paying for single viewing on small screen and having my name and information in their database for all time.

I am happy to say that some studios all viewing of their movies in full for free. Mosfilm and LenFilm have been quite generous in this manner. Many Mosfilm movies are available with: English subtitles by using: Closed Captioning and translation option. 

• Like 2

There are a variety of ways to see movies on YT.  The best, of course, are ones there for the clicking.  Others have a small pop-up ad that you can click away.  Others are more irritating in that you have a number of pop-ups you have to periodically click down.  Some others have an actual commercial of variable length at the beginning, and which you have the option to skip after a few seconds.  Some have ads you can't skip, upwards of a minute.  Yet more movies have a number of ads you can or can't skip.

The last and worst are what you describe.  They are bait-and-switch phony scams.  You know them by their almost universal appendage "-Full Movie" to the title.  I shun these.

I haven't seen this scam on You Tube before. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh suuuure! NOW you tell me all this, and AFTER I gave my VISA card number to that site which claimed they'd let me see that movie about some Nigerian prince who needed a short term loan of some sort!

(...yep, just my luck alright)

;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings