Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

They should have waited IMHO

Sepiatone

This coming Moday marks the 72nd anniversary of the D-DAY invasion on the Normandy beaches.

Was a time when the day was noted on calendars, but haven't seen it done for  a couple/few decades for some reason.

This was a VERY significant event in WWII, and changed the course and fortunes of that war.

But, TCM being typically American, and Americans seeing the being respectful and acknowledgeable of war veterans as vogue these days, felt it more fitting to show the movie THE LONGEST DAY during the recent MEMORIAL DAY weekend rather than waiting to show it on the night of the invasion's anniversary.

I felt they should have waited.

Your thoughts?

Sepiatone

This coming Moday marks the 72nd anniversary of the D-DAY invasion on the Normandy beaches.

Was a time when the day was noted on calendars, but haven't seen it done for  a couple/few decades for some reason.

This was a VERY significant event in WWII, and changed the course and fortunes of that war.

But, TCM being typically American, and Americans seeing the being respectful and acknowledgeable of war veterans as vogue these days, felt it more fitting to show the movie THE LONGEST DAY during the recent MEMORIAL DAY weekend rather than waiting to show it on the night of the invasion's anniversary.

I felt they should have waited.

Your thoughts?

Sepiatone

I am even more nonplussed than you, Sepia since I think Zanuck should have waited till he could get other actors than Paul Anka, Fabian and Tommy Sands for the film.

The invasion of Normandy is important but scheduling can even throw off  a massive invasion probably. Ask Eisenhower!

Good call, DARGO.

I knew I could depend on you...;)

CG, I wasn't posting any criteria on the movie THE LONGEST DAY,  Most of the cast works OK for me.  If I were to replace ANYbody, it'd be RED BUTTONS.

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings