Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dial M for Murder in 3-D

CaveGirl

Now this is a film that I enjoy but I would really enjoy it so much more in 3-D.

I have all the glasses I've ever gotten so I can probably see it with them.

Now I know this leaves the rest of you out, but I'm sure TCM could set up some tie-in promotion where one could buy glasses at MacDonald's.

Whadda ya think?

Now this is a film that I enjoy but I would really enjoy it so much more in 3-D.

Now I know this leaves the rest of you out, but I'm sure TCM could set up some tie-in promotion where one could buy glasses at MacDonald's.

Whadda ya think?

Wine club members can knock the bottoms out of their empty

Sauvignon blanc and Pinot noir bottles - use those.

My friend Clarence is way ahead of ya here, Kid.

SEE?!...

305403068_83b1a488ae_z.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, gee that was a good one, Kid.

You make me laugh almost as much as Dabbs Greer does.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Whadda ya think?

I was fortunate to see this movie in 3D at the Emery Theater in Cincy back in the '90s.  It was such an interesting experience, after having seen it only on TV before that.  Even now, I can remember how thrilling it was, especially a certain scene involving a pair of scissors!

Now I can't imagine watching it any other way.

Edited because I forgot how to spell Emery

I was fortunate to see this movie in 3D at the Emory Theater in Cincy back in the '90s.  It was such an interesting experience, after having seen it only on TV before that.  Even now, I can remember how thrilling it was, especially a certain scene involving a pair of scissors!

Thanks, Belle!

I missed out on that thrilling event but the best 3-D I ever saw in a theater was "House of Wax" in 3-D!

Even better than that Andy Warhol film.

I was fortunate to see this movie in 3D at the Emory Theater in Cincy back in the '90s.  It was such an interesting experience, after having seen it only on TV before that.  Even now, I can remember how thrilling it was, especially a certain scene involving a pair of scissors!

Because I've always viewed this film being somewhat claustrophobic because its scenes are mostly interior settings, I've never felt any great urge in seeing it in its original 3-D format. I would have thought this process would have been better served in use on more "open" or "outdoorsy" sagas. I guess I always felt it was superfluous for Hitchcock to have filmed this story in that format, and that he only did it because it had been a cinematic fad during the early-1950s.

And so to read these positive takes on the 3-D version and the comments that it actually enhanced the viewing pleasure for some of you, I find interesting.

Suppose I'll now have to see it in 3-D, someday.

(...now, where can I get those glasses again?)

I'd like to see, Dargo but I am wearing my own pair of Googly Eye glasses that I acquired during my misspent childhood.

I'm not sure if they are technically Crazy Eyes, or Googly or whatever but here are some I found on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/crazy-eye-glasses

Well, of course in MY case, I'd much prefer a pair of 3-D glasses that look kind'a like THESE...

A0BS_1_20130709147051189.jpg

(...for obvious reasons)

;)

• Like 1

Because I've always viewed this film being somewhat claustrophobic because its scenes are mostly interior settings, I've never felt any great urge in seeing it in its original 3-D format. I would have thought this process would have been better served in use on more "open" or "outdoorsy" sagas. I guess I always felt it was superfluous for Hitchcock to have filmed this story in that format, and that he only did it because it had been a cinematic fad during the early-1950s.

And so to read these positive takes on the 3-D version and the comments that it actually enhanced the viewing pleasure for some of you, I find interesting.

Suppose I'll now have to see it in 3-D, someday.

(...now, where can I get those glasses again?)

Why even the worst film ever made can be appealing in 3-D, Dargo.

Don't tell me that it didn't help you enjoy all those swinging stewardess films that you saw in the Wayback Machine?

Well, of course in MY case, I'd much prefer a pair of 3-D glasses that look kind'a like THESE...

frqmKwN.jpg

(...for obvious reasons)

;)

The Nose from Sleeper; three caterpillars; and a center armrest cupholder from a 1986 Oldsmobile Ciera.

• Like 1

Why even the worst film ever made can be appealing in 3-D, Dargo.

Don't tell me that it didn't help you enjoy all those swinging stewardess films that you saw in the Wayback Machine?

LOL

Oh, you mean THIS classic, do YA?...

The Nose from Sleeper; three caterpillars; and a center armrest cupholder from a 1986 Oldsmobile Ciera.

Ahem...you obviously mean an '85 Oldsmobile Ciera, Kid.

(...they changed the center armrest/cupholder design in '86, and so GM could claim their '86 model was "new and improved", ya know)

;)

• Like 1

LOL

Oh, you mean THIS classic, do YA?...

Oh, you do belong to the SCTV* Men Fan Club, eh Dargo?

Or should I call you Johnny Larue.

*Salaciously Corrupt Tragically Venal

Merry Christmas early, here's the Lola Heatherton Christmas Special coming at ya!:

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings