Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Garbo Glamour and Lamarr Allure

James,

The picture of Ava and Lana was taken in 1957 at Bill & Edie Goetz' home. I recognize the wallpaper in their foyer. I think I was at that party, since I recognize the necklaces too....

The Goetz' gave me a party then just before I went off to school in Switzerland; this could be it!!

It's so long ago and far away now that it could be I'm full of beans too!!!! But I vaguely remember it all....

Larry

Message was edited by:

vecchiolarry

Larry, that is soooo cool! I wondered where they could possibly be! It is just one of the most realistic glamour shots I have ever seen of any two actresses standing next to each other. It is truly classic! It must have been quite a party!

Snarf, this is one of my favorite shots from my favorite silent of hers. The Single Standard with Nils Asther is one of the best photographic studies of Garbo, and to prove it, see the photo below of the two of them between scenes!

Green Eyes MUST be Irish. I'm Irish and have Green Eyes. No Swed has Green Eyes !

Hello all,is that a picture of Garbo? It's the first time I see her smile.

With a smile like that I don't know why most photographers preferred her in a serious pose.

Actually it could have been the studio,etc.

Whoever was to blame I like this picture!

Hi, CB! Actually there are many pictures with Garbo smiling; it is just that she is "GARBO," and they want to emphasize her drama! But, in reality, she did smile in many pictures.