Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Garbo Glamour and Lamarr Allure

GarboManiac

When I was a star struck teenager, somewhere about 1945, I collected pics of stars. Paulette was # 2 after Maureen. Movie Memorablia Shop of Hollywood, owned by Kenneth Lawrence. The Connie - Paulette story comes from a source, that Boz Hadleigh guy, who i do not consider trustworthy. See his " Hollywood Lesbians ".

Yes, I see the resemblance, but Constance was never considered a beauty, and I think Kate is lovely. Constance was a GREAT dowager actress. She was renowned for her youthful stage performances, but her performances in films during her later years were fantastic. You should definitely check her out. She was also a dramatic coach; Marilyn Monroe was one of her pupils.

(Here she is in Stage Door with Hepburn)

tstagedoor9.jpg

The pictures below of Hedy Lamarr are all from the same photo sitting. I really love finding more than one picutre from a sitting. I know that in one sitting they took several photos, sometimes 25 to 50. Then they would let the star go through the pictures to approve the ones they wanted finished and published. These three are gems!

Well, TCM cleaned up all the junk on my thread, and I am so thankful. The Riddler comments are still here so I guess they didn't come from you know who! I want to thank him for coming in and trying to help get "the one who must not be named" off my thread, even though it may have incited him all the more. I also want to thank everyone who contacted TCM on my behalf, and fought for the cause! I hope things will stay peaceful now, and again thanks to all of you.

Hi GarboManiac. Thanks for the kind words. I was just trying to get that guy. Guys like him really make me mad. Sorry, if I went a little crazy. I don't participate much but I read some of the threads when I get a chance when I come home at night (is my only time to watch TCM). Yup, I work during the day and I go to school in the evening, five days a week. And weekends I like to go offroading.

Well, hello, Riddler (I am supposing that is from the Batman character). That's ok. We all go a little crazy every now and then. For a while there I thought you might be our foe. Didn't trust many people I didn't know.. Welcome aboard, but I guess you don't have much time to BE on board with that schedule! Ha!

Archived