Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Garbo Glamour and Lamarr Allure

Thank you, GM. Hope you don't mind, but I'm saving them to my h/d.

I think this was from Hollywood, the photographer stamped the picture. By the way, if you go ebay (and know how to buy from it), there is a dandy picture of Richard Barthelmess in auction...the price is currently only $39.99!

As to too young, well he started in films in 1922!

dolores

GM, if you have any such pictures of other hunks (hint: Sterling Hayden--no Warren you're still first) perhaps you can start a thread of male hunks? I hate co-opting your Garbo/Lamarr thread. Thank you again.

Oh, yeah! Silly me! It is stamped Hollywood! Duh!

Hey, that is a good idea. I did think of it before, though, but I didn't know if I should do it or not. I thought of it as kind of a GALLERY of stars. You know just pics, not too much info. But, ofcourse it will become whatever it becomes! Ha! That is the beauty of these threads. They always go in ways you don't predict!

Ok, later I will run that thread, and I will start with a picture of Warren to get it going.

And, NO, I don't mind you copying the pics! I assumed you would! Ha!

"The resemblance is AMAZING!"

Not really; Garbo's complexion is more like porcelain than the figurine's pale imitation... Garbo is the objet d'art; the figurine is tchotchke.

:)

Ha! Oh, Jack, you're right. But, I did find it funny that this piece, which was supposedly made in the Thirties, looked so much like Garbo in Romance. I saw it on ebay and had to copy the picture. It is Dresden.

Sorry GM, But I have to say the bad as well as the good...

I really don't like Garbo's hair in these last few pics,it takes away from her beauty.

She looks best in styles less fussy.She was a natural beauty and didn't need all of the makeup and hair styles they gave her.

I'm not saying that the pictures are bad ,just not some of her best.

Oh, that's ok, CB! Everyone has her/his own opinion. I am just shooting the photos out there for comments, so say what you feel. I was just happy to get four from the same sitting!

Well, I am between classes, and am heading back. Later.

Very nice picture of that lady from Bavaria, but how about some more of that Danish gal !

Ha! Looks like between Garland and Turner to me!!

But, seriously folks, I found this just as it is on one of the Hedy sites on the net! And, I agree, seeing that I thought Garland was very pretty, and, Garbo, the ultimate!

Oh, is that Lana Turner?

I thought it might be Claudette Colbert -

I didn't know.

Nice tie-in.

Yep, that's Lana. I always liked Lana. Ava always said Lana taught her how to be a STAR! Lana was a great star! I also think she wasn't a bad actress.