Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Mitchum - um - um - um.

Anne,

Ignore this idiot. I have reported him and remember what I always tell you...

people like this have only one way to avenge the fact that their genitals are too small along with their intelligence. Don't you dare leave.

SusannO

Anne,

Hope by the time you return, things will have calmed down here.

I reported LG/GM1 as well.

Hopefully the WebAdmin will by shortly with his posting vacuum and make all this trouble go away.

On 9/14/06 I posted this on the ?TCM Commercial? thread, about the tattooed woman promo:

?I think it is well produced..... for MTV.

But do we want a bunch of punks and goths showing up here on the TCM message board? Remember when we had a bunch of rude teen kids show up here when TCM ran some anime movies a few months ago??

That is exactly what has happened. This punk, goth, and modern trashy cult film baloney that TCM has been showing and promoting lately is drawing that kind of crowd to this message board.

I used to see this same type of phenomenon in San Francisco and Los Angeles, back in the ?60s and ?70s. When theaters showed old classic films, the nicest crowds showed up to see them. But when the theaters occasionally mixed old classic films with hip modern trashy underground films, every creep and freako in town would show up to see the underground films and they?d laugh at the classic films.

TCM has been running that tattooed **** promo all day today, and the more trashy stuff like that they air, the more rude creeps we will be seeing on this message board.

Another thing I loved was even though he had on his usual dark glasses, the lighting allowed us to see every move his eyes made. You could see when he was amused and sometimes a little puzzled...especially when confronted about his poetry. My husband wanted to watch football but I was tickled because in less than 5 minutes he was glued to the interview.

> TCM has been running that tattooed **** promo all day

> today, and the more trashy stuff like that they air,

> the more rude creeps we will be seeing on this

> message board.

I'd like to see one shred of evidence that any of the rudeness here was committed by "punk goth creeps" who were attracted here by "trashy cult film baloney." Show me just one. I dare you.

Seems to me it's been people here discussing classic films.

<< I'd like to see one shred of evidence that any of the rudeness here was committed by "punk goth creeps" who were attracted here by "trashy cult film baloney." Show me just one. I dare you.

Seems to me it's been people here discussing classic films.>>

I'm agreeing, Jon.

I've been treated with nothing but respect by my very dear "goth creep" friends. The one idiot (he of the ALL CAPS) is an sad little anomaly. The small rudeness on this forum is not unlike other forums I've been to. It's a symptom of the assumed anonymity that give's people license to vent without guarding themselves. After all, we think "I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just typing." We're not seeing faces, not hearing voices - it's almost completely dehumanized contact here on the www. And emoticons :) can't makeup for it.

Yes....but. Is it a coincidence then that it began when TCM changed their audience focus?

What DID bring this creep here? And I repeat the question, why can't this creep's IP address be blocked?

It's disgusting how one vile little creature abuses the unequalled free speech of this board.

As someone mentioned, I would HATE to see this board turn into the Gestapo-like Television Without Pity board.

dolores

> Yes....but. Is it a coincidence then that it began

> when TCM changed their audience focus?

>

> What DID bring this creep here? And I repeat the

> question, why can't this creep's IP address be

> blocked?

I'd have to say yes, it is a coincidence. If you'll remember, I was debating HE OF MANY NAMES on the Rob Zombie thing -- I was for it, he was against it. Now, you could probably call me based on my music listening habits a punk goth (creep is a value judgement that I will leave to others). But I'm also a fan of pre-codes and silents, and I'm at least reasonably knowledgable about them.

I actually agree with the rest of your post -- I'd love to see the IP blocked, and I love the free speech on the board. It should be that way.

But the fact is that Fred once again cannot back up anything he says. The reasonable people have been pleading for civility here, and he comes along and posts something inflammatory that stops just short of being troll bait. It's easy to ignore the out and out trolls -- it's more difficult when it's coming from intelligent people who can make valuable contributions to the discussions here when they want to.

Well, I have to agree with you too, JonParker.

I guess that's a hallmark of ugly trolls, they are divisive on the boards they make a concerted effort to ruin.

No matter WHAT TCM is doing, it has no bearing on the fact that this ugly little person is posting here simply for the purpose of inciting us against each other.

I still can NOT get over the fact that he created TWO personas that had dying wives, in an imitation of the real tragedy endured by GarboManiac. That is beYOND reprehensible. He would be hard pressed to sit in a room with us all in real life and encounter civility, he can be assured of that. I don't care if he's 15 or 50 or 75, he is an ugly human being and I want to see him gone.

He is endangering the free message board that TCM has created, and that galls me most of all.

I have no answers, and I am very much saddened at all of this.

dolores

TCM has been running that tattooed **** promo all day today, and the more trashy stuff like that they air, the more rude creeps we will be seeing on this message board. >>

Well, he who must not be named is surely having the last laugh.

The summer of our discontent follows the seasons and, as fall arrives, our discontent still lingers.

We have turned on one another and now, we are blaming TCM promos for all this.

Why are we even thinking of blaming TCM when the fault lies with the troll who started all this mess.

It's an unmoderated board, something the majority of us here appreciate and don't want to lose.

If you want to blame something (other than the troll himself), blame that. It allowed the troll the access he craved, with no consequences.

If he posts from different computers, I think that makes it harder for the WebAdmin people to ban all his IP addresses. The ignore this poster option on each post is one solution but I don't know if Jive Software has that capability.

But in the meantime, I don't believe that the blame should be on the TCM promos or the films they show for attracting a "bad" element.

We were invaded by someone with little conscience and a great deal of free time. The very thing that most of us love about this forum, its freedom to post what we want and not be moderated, is what allowed him to flourish.

When he went too far, TCM stepped in.

The question isn't about who's to blame for all this (we know who to blame), it should be about what do we want TCM to do to make it harder for this happen again.

And, that should be its own thread and not Bob Mitchum's.