Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why show the same movies over and over?

With the countless classic movies available, why show the same ones month after month? Granted they are good ones, but I'm sure there are many others that I'd like to see.

How about: Barnacle Bill, And Now Tomorrow, My Pal Gus, Rookie Cop, Child of Divorce, Chicken Every Sunday, My Dog Shep or Till We Meet Again, to name a few.

Several things come to mind for me whenever this issue comes up:

1. I just work too much to watch TV real time anyway so I record to watch later and my back log of pre-recorded stuff to see latter is so large. For this reason repeats just don't matter for me.

2. My DVD Player is connected to my HD-TV with Component connections so that I can use the Progressive Scan feature, therefore the quality of my recorded DVD's look better than the original broadcast. If I had an upconnvert DVD Player with HDMI connections this would be even better.

3. I do the challenge so TCM does have many movies on that I have used in my weekly programming entry. I don't bite the hand that feeds me and October is a month they have so gracefully given me many of my choices.

So in summary enter the challenge and tell them what you would like to see on TCM.