Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

I always played likeable, sensible, sometimes charming, rather adorable women. I started out as a brown-haired girl, but ended up as a blonde. I possessed the kind of wholesome good looks that stood me in good stead in the 50's and 60's. I was fortunate to have co-starred three times with a film idol.

I've been married to some powerful, influential men. I'm a great interview because I don't take myself too seriously and, I hope, can display a good sense of humor.

Who am I?

I always played likeable, sensible, sometimes charming, rather adorable women. I started out as a brown-haired girl, but ended up as a blonde. I possessed the kind of wholesome good looks that stood me in good stead in the 50's and 60's. I was fortunate to have co-starred three times with a film idol.

I've been married to some powerful, influential men. I'm a great interview because I don't take myself too seriously and, I hope, can display a good sense of humor.

Who am I?

I'm not Doris or Dina but rather the same type.

I also co-starred once with probably the most popular leading man ever and twice with an actor who made it big in the movies and television. I must add here that my memory got a bit faulty re co-starring with the idol I mentioned - make it four times we were together.

I was one of the eight wives of hubby no. one, a marriage that lasted less than ten years but which gave me two daughters. Husband number two was a keeper and we had a son. Both husbands shared the same first name and both were in the business. Number one was gracious enough to dedicate one of his greatest works to me.

Thanks, Poinciana, great choice and description?

Though my parentage was international, my looks were pure California, so I guess you could say they reflected my birthplace.

I was in a handful of hit movies during my glory days and one or two are considered classics of their (different) genres?I also did much television and one episode of a popular series in which I starred is still remembered by many who watched it.

One of my husbands was a legend in his own right?

Who am I?

That is me?sweet face, blonde as blonde can be, soft-voice and Bambi eyes?My father was French, my mother Mexican?I was married to Stanley Donen for 13 years?the two genre classics I mentioned are *The Time Machine* (fantasy) and *Where the Boys Are* (kids-on-the-loose-and-whooping-it-up genre)?oh yes, you?re right about the episode from Dr. Kildare ? the title was from a William Blake poem - ?Tyger, tyger burning bright in the forests of the night??and I was a surfer - I died at the end?great work, lavender, the thread is yours?

Thanks,eve.

I've had a long and versatile career in Hollywood, actually, in life. I've been twice nominated for Oscar and Golden Globe awards. I've appeared in 200 TVand film productions and have appeared on the stage. I've had more than 1 successful TV show and appeared as a recurrent character for awhile on a nightime soap. I'm a WWII veteran and an avid environmentalist. Who am I?

-

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Mar 17, 2010 12:39 PM

No, I'm not- Just kidding, of course I'm Eddie Albert.

College educated, trapeze artist, war hero. The first actor to appear on RCA/NBC experimental electronic television system. He was a political activist and humanitarian. Switch, Green Acres and Falcon Crest were among his successful TV appearances. He lived to be 99.

Good work, lana- your turn

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Mar 17, 2010 5:36 PM

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Mar 17, 2010 5:40 PM

Thanks.

?My background is like this. I was born in Ohio, the son of a general. I became a lawyer, but soon tired of it. So l I gave it all up for a very productive career on the stage, which I loved . Then I moved into pictures, where I made some very good ones. You?ve probably seen me and probably know me by sight, but most likely most wouldn?t know my name. I was usually typecast as a professional man: lawyers, businessmen, politicians, and the like, but most of them were usually put upon by others? eccentricity. They were also rather stuffy and old-fashioned, to a degree. I?m known mainly for my supporting roles in some classic screwball comedies, but I did get a chance to be the lead in an unknown B-picture, where I was known for being thrifty, to put it mildly.?

?Do you know me??

?No I?m not Harry Davenport. In fact, if you saw me, you wouldn?t confuse us. I am admittedly rather short and balding and usually wear spectacles. I was a senator in a very well known and respected political movie, I was a clergyman who was a little disappointed in his daughter?s choice for a husband in a comedy, and I had an unexpected guest upset my life in another.?

?Yes, I am Grant Mitchell. I was the only child of Civil War general John Grant Mitchell. I followed my father?s footsteps by studying at Harvard Law, but quit my law practice to fulfill my dream of acting on the stage. From 1902 to 1938, I worked with many great people on the stage, including George M. Cohan, who wrote the play, ?The Baby Cyclone? expressly for me. Never marrying, I also dove into a film career with some silent pictures and bit parts in some pre-code talkies and B-pictures. I enjoyed the thought of being everywhere without getting all that hoopla that younger actors were getting, and for my work to speak for itself. I did, though, get to be the lead in a little-known picture called ?Father is a Prince,? which has been largely forgotten. Some of my grade-A pictures include ?Mr. Smith Goes to Washington,? ?Arsenic and Old Lace,? and ?The Man who Came to Dinner.?

(?Father is a Prince? is a riot, and I recommend it.)

Your turn.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Mar 18, 2010 10:48 AM