Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

Her father was in show business and that exposed her to travels all around the world. She made her stage debut at 18 and was a hit. She was a star on Broadway by age 22. She acted in some films,but retired when she married a rich and famous man. She returned to the screen and made some very well known, much loved classic films. She was 75 when she retired for good. Who was she?

Thanks, Lavender.

I entered films directly out of high school and was popular with kids for my roles in a serial. I went on to play mostly secondary roles in Paramount features, and signed with MGM in the early '40s, where I was a minor leading lady. I was seriously injured in an auto accident in the late '40s, and later spent a lot of time in mental hospitals.

Edited by: finance on Jun 21, 2010 1:53 PM

Edited by: finance on Jun 21, 2010 3:15 PM

Edited by: finance on Jun 21, 2010 5:45 PM

OK--Here goes!

I was born in England.

I've been successful in movies, radio, TV and Broadway.

But most people remember me from TV, where I won 2 Emmy Awards.

I dated Marilyn Monroe, but I wouldn't be thought of as a "lady's man".

I'm an actor who has successfully done it all, including voice-overs, but I'm best known for my comedic talents.

Who Am I?

Edited by: cujas on Jun 26, 2010 4:23 PM

Fun finding Alan, thx Cujas.

I was tap dancing practically before I could walk. Universal Studios nabbed me at age 5 but eventually I was under contract to MGM. I played little sister, young lady, etc., and co-starred with MGM novas.

Later, I happily found my niche on television. I was so wholesome that fans wrote me asking for teenage troubles advice. While not a goodygoody in real life, I'm happy to have portrayed such a nice girl.

Who am I?

Thanks.

I was born in LA, and studied engineering in college, where I was also active in dramatics. Tall, blonde, and handsome, I appeared in several Italian films before my Hollywood debut in a well-known "60s comedy. I have since starred in many international productions, but by the '80s I was seen mostly in low-budget action pictures.

Thanks, Finance:

Next:--

I grew up in Baltimore and studied drama at Bryn Mawr. Later, I joined the Cape cod university players where I met two players who later became first class actors. On Broadway, I became friends with someone who became a major film director. Although a Christian Scientist, my first role on film was as a Cockney prostitute..I worked both Broadway and Hollywood, and in the fifties, had a role in a Hitchcock movie which saw the debut of a major film actress who won an Oscar many years later. In another movie, I was involved in one of the unforgettable dialogue gags in film..

I later worked in television and, together with one of the early actress of the movies, had a role similar to one Jessica fletcher had... Who Am I ??