Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

Expanding on the hint: This actor was in a noir with another actor. The other actor was also in a film which is always shown during the holiday season, and which also featured Natalie Wood.

Edited by: finance on Jul 27, 2010 10:28 AM

Thanks.

?Born in 1884, I would be prolific as a stage actor and playwright. In the 1930s and 1940s, I could be found in Warner Brothers movies usually as eccentric millionaires or hen-pecked husbands. My name is similar to that of a noted screenwriter, who worked in the same time frame as me. I also love to laugh.?

?Do you know me??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Jul 27, 2010 4:47 PM

Any takers for?.

?Born in 1884, I would be prolific as a stage actor and playwright. In the 1930s and 1940s, I could be found in Warner Brothers movies, usually in musicals (about money crazy people) though I don?t sing and usually as eccentric millionaires or hen-pecked husbands. My name is similar to that of a noted screenwriter, who worked in the same time frame as me. And, I am known for my laugh.? (updated)

?Do you know me??

I entered films as a production assistant and started to rise in the industry as a result of a family relationship with a Hollywood mogul. I became a studio VP in the '30s, and served as a production chief in the '40s while higher-ups were occupied with WW II. I founded a new studio after the war, and became head of production for a larger studio when it took over my studio. In the '50s I became an independent producer.

Edited by: finance on Jul 29, 2010 3:51 PM

My father was a great stage actor. I acted on stage too, but my big successes were in the movies in the '50's and '60's. I was up there at the top with all the A-list movies and movie stars.

Ironically today people only remember me for one movie role. The movie, the role--well as they say--are iconic. Both the film title and my character's name are still household words after all these years.

If you know who I am, the rest will follow.

Who Am I?

Edited by: cujas on Jul 31, 2010 4:28 PM

Thanks cu, it was fun finding Tony.

I was a known as a "perpetual starlet." Kind of always a bridesmaid never a bride kind of thing. I was too tall they said, too thin on the top, if you know what I mean, they said. But I was "pretty enough," as they say, for the movies.

I co-starred in one of Twentieth Century's biggest hit comedies of the late 40's. It was an honor to be part of an ensemble cast many of whom were huge lights in the movies at that time.

Born in 1928, I was named "Little Miss Hollywood" in 1942.

Who am I?

You might say that I'm one of the best character actors in the business. I could play any ethnic type that you could think of--a Chinese general, an Arab, a Russian, a Mexican bandit, an Acadian from New Orleans, an Italian waiter, a Peruvian impresario, a French-Canadian fur trapper, a gypsy fiddler, an Indian royalty, and even a South Pacific Islander chieftain--remarkably, all with the same Russian accent and without having to change my character...I thought Anthony Quinn about acting..Who am I ?