Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

After law school, I became a film critic and drama editor in NY and then became publicity director at a studio. I began writing Broadway plays and screenplays in the early '30s. Even though I wrote some dramas, my forte was comedy and I wrote many delightful screenplays in the '30s and '40s. I also produced a number of films, and directed 3 films.

After law school, I became a film critic and drama editor in NY and then became publicity director at a studio. I began writing Broadway plays and screenplays in the early '30s. Even though I wrote some dramas, my forte was comedy and I wrote many delightful screenplays in the '30s and '40s. I also produced a number of films, and directed 3 films.

Not Nichols. I had a relatively uncommon first name. There was another Hollywood comic writer-director with the same first name, and we have collaborated....... I was also the writer-director of a film starring one of two Hollywood sisters.

Edited by: finance on Aug 12, 2010 11:26 AM

Thanks.

?I was born in 1915 in Wisconsin. I appeared in one movie as a coroner with only three lines, but because of this appearance, my life has been one great ride up to April 2010, when I had a heart attack at the age of 94. I have never taken for granted what it has brought me and the millions of people who love it. Prior to this film and ever since, I made money from my acts and appearances at the Chicago World?s Fair and such places as that. My wife and I even had a vaudeville act. I earned enough to go to college in the 1930s and get my bachelor?s in accounting and in 1970 I would get my master?s in business administration. During WWII, I was a pilot and an instructor in the Civil Air Patrol. I was in attendance when a Hollywood Walk of Fame star was given to me and my fellow small actors in 2007 and I recited my memorable three lines.?

?Do you know me and any of my famous three lines??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Aug 12, 2010 7:48 PM

Thanks Lana.

In my later career I had a ball on quiz shows, panel shows, and as a regular on one of America's premier talk shows. They liked me on tv because I was quick, smart, and funny and could always be counted on to bring in the viewers.

My regional American accent and distinctive voice stood me in good stead and set me apart from other actresses. I appeared on stage, tv, and movies and always had a ball and I think made my mark as a unique performer.

Who am I?

I was a vivacious leading lady of '60s films, who began my acting career on radio as a young child. A shapely redhead, I was typically cast as a "dumb broad". I dated several prominent men, including a well-known U.S. cabinet member. I was married four times, and one of my husbands was also married to an actress even more famous than me.

Edited by: finance on Aug 16, 2010 10:51 AM