Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

?Even though I had a lot of tragedy in my life, I found some fame as an actress on tv and in the movies. I had a recurring role on a hit tv show in 1962 as the lead?s love interest. I was in a few big movie projects. I married and had two children; they act, also. In 1974, I held an Oscar, but I had not won it.?

?Do you know me??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Jan 24, 2011 5:12 PM

(Updated)

?Even though I had a lot of tragedy in my life, I found some fame and remained active as a tv actress. I was seen on The Virginian, Gunsmoke, The F.B.I. and The Fugitive more than once, but none of those were for a recurring character. I did have a recurring role on a very much loved family show in 1962 as the lead?s love interest. I was in a few big movie projects, such as Walk on the Wild Side and Touch of Evil. I married an actor and we had two children who also went into acting. In 1974, I held an Oscar, but I had not won it.?

?Do you know me??

I had the kind of looks that gave me the opportunity to play a number of ethnicities.

I started as an actor on Broadway and went on to be a Hollywood star in the '50's.

Although I appeared in "A" movies, I had a big success in a Disney family movie.

Do You Know Me?

Hint #1--I still made some "A" movies in the '60's, but my Movie Star heyday was the '50's. I was somewhat of a "teen idol".

Hint #1--I still made some "A" movies in the '60's, but my Movie Star heyday was the '50's. I was somewhat of a "teen idol".

This comic character actor did it all--

Vaudeville, Broadway, Movies--

He supported Fred Astaire on Broadway and Katharine Hepburn and James Cagney in Hollywood.

2 of his films are on the AFI Top 100 list.

1 of his films won the Oscar.

Another was nominted for Best Picture Oscar.

This comic character actor did it all--

Vaudeville, Broadway, Movies--

He supported Fred Astaire on Broadway and Katharine Hepburn and James Cagney in Hollywood.

2 of his films are on the AFI Top 100 list.

1 of his films won the Oscar.

Another was nominted for Best Picture Oscar.

I'm digging out from under ice, snow, and cold.

You are a genius!--That, I think was hard. It is indeed, Walter Catlett.

Fi's turn--

I was a leading lady of late silents and early talkies, mostly at MGM. I am best-remembered for starring roles opposite John Barrymore and Buster Keaton, and also teamed with other comedians. I slipped into low-budget action pictures in the early '30s, and soon retired from the screen. My sister also played leads in films in the same period.

Another hint: My first name has 3 syllables.

Edited by: finance on Feb 8, 2011 10:25 AM

Edited by: finance on Feb 8, 2011 6:34 PM