Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

Attended Princeton University where he performed with the Princeton University Triangle Club. Entered films eight years after he had become an established Broadway star.

Has the distinction of being the one of the first winners of the acting Tony Awards when the event was established in 1947.

First actor to be nominated for a single Academy Award (Best Actor) for a film in which he was credited as portraying two different characters.

?Born in New York in 1939, I became a fashion stylist. But, when I was told I had the makings of a model, I changed careers. From that, I would soon be in the world of Hollywood and movies. I was unprepared to be so famous so fast. But I learned to be my own person and not let people push me around. My third husband, a fellow actor, didn?t like headstrong women . I was a huge star of the 1970s, even though I didn?t work while married to my third husband, for six years. The one film I?m most identified with I made early in my career. I dabbled in tv in the 1980s, and People magazine called me one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1991.?

?Do you know me??

I was born before the turn of the 20th century, graduated from law school, became a journalist, and then turned to the stage.. I played supporting roles in Broadway musicals and light plays. I was in films from 1930, typically playing supporting comedy parts as a reticent, indecisive upper-class man. I was killed in an auto accident.

I started my stage career in Copenhagen. Director Mauritz Stiller cast me in a lead role. I moved to Hollywood in 1927. My accent became a hindrance when sound came to film. So, my career declined and I returned to Sweden, where I remained until my death. Who am I?

I was born and grew up in Cincinnati, the son of a feed-store manager. I worked as a lifeguard in Miami, FL, where I made contacts with people in the film industry. I became a stuntman and later a character actor playing mostly heavies in movie and TV westerns. I was in two Oscar-winning films in the fifties....Who me?