Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

Cinerama --you win the Cujas for today--This guy is simply off everybody's radar screen.

Of Course the movie was Capra's "Plantinum Blonde"-1931.

Hope to play with you alot in the future.

Cinerama Rick--Come on Down!

Edited by: cujas on Apr 14, 2011 4:15 PM

LOL. Thank you Cujas - so nice of you! Oh, and the play was Abie's Irish Rose. It ran for almost 5 years.

Well, here's one for you but you'll probably get it right away:

I was married to a Tony Award winning producer, an Academy Award winning film director, an Academy Award winning actor and, sadly, two of my children commit suicide. Even I was found dead from a drug overdose.

Tragically, who am I?

I was a fairly popular young actress in the '50's. I co-starred with Robert Wagner. I even danced with Fred Astaire. But my real fame lies in my liasion with a Hollywood Legend, who was not an actor or performer.

broadway comedian boycotted by the Shuberts for organizing an actor's strike, he was known for his trademark zany hats, misfit clothes, oversized shoes, lisping speechr, conquered radio with his first-time broadcast of a full-length comedy show to a radio audience ..

I was a **** girl during WW I, and was a star on the British stage in the '20s. My major screen career began in the early '40s in Hollywood, where for 3 decades I played distinguished British character roles. I was multi-Oscar-nominated.

This dancer/choreographer is little remembered today except among dancers and film fans. But his legacy and contribution to the musical on Broadway and in film is vast.

He studied Russian Ballet with a Bolshoi Master, taught dance to a future musical movie star, discovered a future musical movie star and choreographed both Broadway and Hollywood musicals. He even directed two films.

Hint: Liza said he directed with his feet.

Can you name him, his proteges and his several of his films?

Edited by: cujas on Apr 22, 2011 7:00 PM

Edited by: cujas on Apr 22, 2011 7:03 PM

This director/choreographer is credited with modernizing the chorus line on Broadway.

Teaching dance to a Golden Era Musical Star.

Discovering A Golden Era Musical Star.

He studied with a Boshoi master and choreographed for both Kelly and Astaire.

Liza said he even directed movies with his feet.

Do you know him?

Hint: I may have been the hoofer's choreographer because I worked both with Kelly and Astaire.

I even directed. And aside from my landmark choreography on Broadway and in Hollywood, I best known for dancing with Garbo on film.