Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

Bumping this.

To repeat:

Do you know me? I am an American actress who began her career on Broadway. I was in a play in which I portrayed several different parts. In films, I was in a Jennifer Aniston movie, though she and I did not share any scenes together.

I have been in films with some of England's finest actors and actresses. Two of them are David Morrissey and Frances O'Connor.

I have also appeared in a film with an actor who is usually considered an American, but he is truly a subject of the crown. In fact, word is that he was (briefly) considered for the role of Agent 007, before the producers decided on Daniel Craig.

New clue:

In the film where Jennifer Aniston and I both appear, I was a CHILD.

Also, don't forget: I said that I was on Broadway in a play in which I played several different roles. I thought that surely, someone would jump on that clue and come up with the obvious answer.

My most popular leading man, so far, is David Duchovny.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Bumping this.

To repeat:

Do you know me? I am an American actress who began her career on Broadway. I was in a play in which I portrayed several different parts. In films, I was in a Jennifer Aniston movie, though she and I did not share any scenes together.

I have been in films with some of England's finest actors and actresses. Two of them are David Morrissey and Frances O'Connor.

I have also appeared in a film with an actor who is usually considered an American, but he is truly a subject of the crown. In fact, word is that he was (briefly) considered for the role of Agent 007, before the producers decided on Daniel Craig.

New clue:

In the film where Jennifer Aniston and I both appear, I was a CHILD.

Also, don't forget: I said that I was on Broadway in a play in which I played several different roles. I thought that surely, someone would jump on that clue and come up with the obvious answer.

My most popular leading man, so far, is David Duchovny.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

I want to confirm that by saying CHILD, you mean 10 (roughly) or younger (and not a teenager). I have spent some time on this, despite the fact I have not guessed as yet. I have seen some possibilities but none fit the criteria exactly. Amanda Peet and Aniston were in a film together, but Peet was only three years younger. But I am guessing Amanda Peet, hopng to get another clue.

Thank you, allaboutlana, for your reply. They have been hard to come by, for some reason.

No, I am not Amanda Peet. In the Jennifer Aniston film I was in, I was 14 years old. My character's medical condition drove much of the plot.

Cheers,

Dan

(Dan, see mudskipper's post below.)

I can't wait to see if that's right from Dan. But from checking all the points, it looks like it is! Thank you! I don't think I ever would have gotten it.

mudskipper wrote:

Addison Timlin ?

RIGHT!!!

Skipper, you are some super detective! This is one question I thought sure, I would have to let everyone know the answer because no one could get it on their own... but you did!

I hope you agree that my clues were fair and correct. Anyway, Addison Timlin is the gal.

Just about now, I expect some disgruntled poster to come on board and huff and puff, saying: "That's ridiculous! I never heard of Addison Timlin in my life!"

Because that is EXACTLY THE POST THAT I DID RECEIVE here, once upon a time, on another question.

Fortunately, before I could argue with that person, some other kind angel came on board and informed the angry poster that it doesn't matter if you've never heard of the person in question. It only matters if the clues were fair and correct. I hope you will agree that mine were, in the Addison Timlin question. She is one of the stars of the future.

Cheers,

Dan

Thank you, Dan. Actually, your clues are better than some of the generic clues I see here at times...Next:

My movie debut was an uncredited part, singing a song in a movie starring a famous actor who later became a Hitchcock star... A few years later, I went to Broadway and was in two original musical productions, creating an important ethnic role in the second one.

After several years, I returned to Hollywood where my first film was again with another actor who will star in more than one Hitchcock movie. I never did the movie version of the Broadway role I originated, but I was in a biblical epic, a sea-faring saga, and two jungle movies. I also played a princess in a well-known musical....Who am I ?

Sorry, Dan, that's not me...Here's an additional clue:...The first movie I was in after I returned to Hollywood was the first of three movies pairing the lead actor and actress....

In that case, you are Betta St. John.

Your first film was "Destry Rides Again" (1939), starring future Hitchcock star James Stewart. You were seen singing in it, but were uncredited. Your "biblical epic" was "The Robe" (1953). You were in two Tarzan movies, and appeared as Princess Johanna in "The Student Prince" (1954), which was originally filmed as a silent, "The Student Prince in Old Heidelberg" in 1927. Your "important ethnic role" on Broadway was as Liat in "South Pacific."

Cheers,

Dan {font:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}{font}

:) You got it! Great work, Dan...and the second Hitchcock star was of course Cary Grant in the movie "Dream Wife", which first paired him with Deborah Kerr...

Your thread..

Do you know me?

I am a fairly well-known film actor. Although I am not Jewish, I have played Jewish activists in three different films, all of them with only one word in the title.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

sixes wrote:

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}can you define "Jewish activist", or put in context?

I would say, someone who is fervently committed to the cause of Israel.

BTW, none of the words I just used are in my IMDb bio. Just want to keep the question interesting.

Cheers,

Dan

{font}

finance wrote:

Paul Newman was half-Jewish. You're not thinking of him, are you?

Nope, different dude.

Now, I'm not sure if your query qualifies as a "guess" for the purpose of advancing the question. But I'll give you a break.

Before I went into films I was famous as a stage actor, though not on Broadway.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

No, I'm not Hugh Griffith.

Someone on this board asked me if I was Paul Newman. I'm not, but I was in a film with him.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

No, I'm not Lee J. Cobb. Remember, I said that I am not Jewish, but I played a Jewish activist in three different films, each of them with only one word in the title.

New clue: I mentioned that I worked in a movie with Paul Newman. When famously asked, on a TV talk show, what it was like to work with Newman, I replied that during the breaks Newman liked to tell dirty jokes.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Skipper wrote:

Felix Aylmer?

Wow, nice guess... but it's wrong just the same.

Aylmer did work in a couple of films with Paul Newman, and I guess you could say that in one of them, Exodus (1960), practically everyone in the cast could be described as "a Jewish activist."

But that's only one film, and I appeared in three films as a Jewish activist.

Of course, those were not my only films. In fact, I have portrayed one of the most popular characters in screen history -- not once, but twice. The second film was a sequel to the first.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Guess I'd better bump this question, 'cause it's been a while....

Do you know me? {font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}I am a fairly well-known film actor. Although I am not Jewish, I have played Jewish activists in three different films, each of them with only one word in the title.

Before I went into films I was famous as a stage actor, though not on Broadway.

In addition to my "Jewish activist" movies, I have been privileged to star as one of the most popular characters in films. I portrayed him twice, the second film being a sequel to the first.

The names Lee J. Cobb, Paul Newman, Hugh Griffith, and Felix Aylmer have already been submitted, but they are not me.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

{font}