Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

Daniel Craig ?....Although I can't figure out the third Jewish-activist movie...(Munich, Defiance, and.....?)

Yes, it's Daniel Craig.

The three movies in question are: *Fateless* (2005), *Munich* (2005), and *Defiance* (2008).

Your turn, skip....

Oh come on now, this is really ridiculous. No one is guessing at this one? And the answer is so bleepin' obvious, if you just read the clues.

To repeat:

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}Do you know me?

I am an American actress, born and raised in the Midwest. One of my relatives is/was an important politician. In films, I have played -- among other roles -- a good witch and a rape victim.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan{font}

I said I was born and raised in the Midwest. Elizabeth Montgomery was born in L.A.

But, you are entitled to a new clue. Here it is:

In one of my films, I play the wife of a police inspector who is trying to capture an elusive serial killer... sort of like Red John in The Mentalist. My husband never does capture him, and this "failure" ending seems to have hurt the film's chances at the box office. It never recovered its investment.

Here's the rest of the question:

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}I am an American actress, born and raised in the Midwest. One of my relatives is/was an important politician. In films, I have played -- among other roles -- a good witch and a rape victim.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan{font}

Still no guesses?

Okay, to keep this post on Page One, I will cave in and give you a can't-miss clue:

In one of my films, I was hairless.

Okay, NOW do you get it? Another clue that I gave was that in one film, I play the wife of a police investigator who is trying to capture a mysterious serial killer.

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}I am an American actress, born and raised in the Midwest. One of my relatives is/was an important politician. In films, I have played -- among other roles -- a good witch and a rape victim.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan{font}

Still no guesses?

This question is getting so old, it's got hair growing out of it. So let's try one more hint. If that doesn't draw some guesses, I'm pulling the plug.

One year, I was voted one of "The Sexiest Women in the World" by an entertainment magazine.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

When I first signed on to these TCM movie trivia message boards, I naively assumed that I would be playing the quizzes against all the TCM family of members. Instead, I find that ONLY THREE people are involved here: metz, mudskip, and sixes.

Thus, I have posted question after question on these boards, only to receive NO guesses, or very few guesses. About six (6) times in the past month, I have had to "bump" my questions, because no one would answer.

Okay, that's enough sermon.

This question has now been on this board for ONE WEEK, and no one has yet posted a serious guess. To illustrate: The last clue I posted is that this person was once included in a "Most Sexy Actress" poll, and the answer came back: Zasu Pitts.

Sorry, but I take these things seriously. So, I am hereby shutting down the question and declaring this thread open.

It's OPEN, folks! (All three of you.)

Cheers,

Dan

zasu was merely a humorous attempt to move this thread along...your clues are extremely difficult..that is why no answers...dont go away in a huff..this is only a game..sometimes we injec ta little comedy relief

There are also a number of former regulars in "Games and Trivia" who have disappeared. We are working with a skeleton crew, so it sometimes takes longer to get correct responses.

Edited by: finance on Jul 5, 2011 9:36 AM

"Do You Know Me?"

I was a very talented young tap dancer in the 30's. I started on Broadway. In Hollywood I appeared in lots of shorts and a few A features. I share my hometown with "Old Blue Eyes" himself.

Do you know me?

Miles--sometimes you amaze me. I just got that Hal Leroy/June Allyson short last month with a 30's DVD. I'd forgotten all about him. For a non-tap dancer you stay on your toes!

Miles is up--

Thanks. Do you know me? I was a dancer on Broadway in the thirties and forties. My shows included "The Show Is On" and "Take A Chance". I actually danced with Hal Le Roy at one time. I appeared in a few short films, but I only made one feature film. I was the love interest of Dick Haymes in a movie that was based on a true story. I know it's not much to go on, but my film career was very short. Oh, I almost forgot. I once replaced Eleanor Powell in a Broadway show. If you know dancers, especially tap dancers, then you probably have a pretty good idea of who I am. Do you know me?

Yes, it's Mitzi Mayfair, a one time dance partner of Hal Le Roy. She replaced Eleanor Powell in the show "At Home Abroad". Her only feature film was "Four Jills In A Jeep", which told the true story of a trip taken by Mitzi, along with Carole Landis, Martha Raye, and Kay Francis, to entertain troops during World War II. They all played themselves and some of the story took a few liberties with actual events, but they were basically very close to the fighting in Europe and North Africa. Good job, finance. You're up next.

{font:Calibri}"I was born in New Orleans in 1890 and would have the reputation of playing older than myself on the stage and in films. In fact in my stage debut at the age of 20 I played an old lady. I starred with Bette Davis in a classic weeper in 1939 and starred in a classic comedy with four big names in 1936. But my most memorable role was as a nagging wife to a noted comedian. Despite the onscreen animosity, we got along famously and we kept up a correspondence afterwards."{font}

{font:Calibri}"Do you know me?"{font}

Edited by: allaboutlana on Jul 14, 2011 10:55 AM