Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

The director we're talking became famous for women's pictures (aka soaps). However, the movie in question would be considered noir.

Well--yes on Sirk. Now Fi, do you want to answer the question posed below?

Excellent Lana. This was something new for me. I just got in to Sam Fuller. Looks like you're on a roll!

{font:Times New Roman}Thanks.

"A director saw me in a commercial, while he was watching the Today show and my movie career started with a blast with two very popular films in 1963 and 1964. They are still very much respected today. I have remained busy ever since and very much in the public eye. By the daughter is an actress, too. Do you know me?" {font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

Tippi Hedren--and I can't remember if the commercial was for toothpaste or shampoo.

"I grew up the son of a prosperous owner of a sporting goods store. When my father died, I had to make the decision to take the safe path & take over the family business or follow my heart's desire & become an actor. I chose to sell the family business. I came to New York, studied at the Actor's Studio, & met my future wife while in a hit Broadway play. My first movie was so bad it almost ended my film career before it started. But I went on to become one of the most popular stars ever with a career that spanned over six decades. My name became synonomous with quality, integrity, & philanthropy."

This fellow was a fixture in movies in the 30's and 40's. He had a kind of middle Europa aire that gave old world authenticity to all his parts.

He appeared in romantic comedies, musicals and dramas. Often he appeared as a foreign musician. He was a favorite of another European artist, Ernest Lubitsch.

You didn't have to guess--you're always right Six.

Six, come out and play!

Are you Lewis J. Selznick's discovery and mistress, the mysterious Alla Nazimova?

{font:Calibri}Here's one:

"Although I had a memorable part in a 1941 film, my career never really took off. In fact, I made more appearances in film (using a different name) before my “ten minutes of fame” than after it. Afterwards I made one film with Susan Hayward, one with Clark Gable, and one with John Drew Barrymore. Then I was blacklisted in 1951 for not cooperating. I made a few tv appearances and then left acting. Do you know me?"{font}

You are correct. One of my favorite parts of Citizen Kane is when she is putting her puzzle together and says "A person could go crazy in a place like this." Her delivery of that is too much.

Your turn.

And he was great as Frank Sinatra's drug dealer in "Man with the Golden Arm"

(sorry, just thought I'd throw in that little "aside")

Your thread, MontyC . . .

One film critic described my tough, weatherbeaten features as "A Clark Gable who has been left out in the sun too long".... Who am I?