Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

{font:Times New Roman}Thanks.

"A director saw me in a commercial, while he was watching the Today show and my movie career started with a blast with two very popular films in 1963 and 1964. They are still very much respected today. I have remained busy ever since and very much in the public eye. By the daughter is an actress, too. Do you know me?" {font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

"I grew up the son of a prosperous owner of a sporting goods store. When my father died, I had to make the decision to take the safe path & take over the family business or follow my heart's desire & become an actor. I chose to sell the family business. I came to New York, studied at the Actor's Studio, & met my future wife while in a hit Broadway play. My first movie was so bad it almost ended my film career before it started. But I went on to become one of the most popular stars ever with a career that spanned over six decades. My name became synonomous with quality, integrity, & philanthropy."

This fellow was a fixture in movies in the 30's and 40's. He had a kind of middle Europa aire that gave old world authenticity to all his parts.

He appeared in romantic comedies, musicals and dramas. Often he appeared as a foreign musician. He was a favorite of another European artist, Ernest Lubitsch.

{font:Calibri}Here's one:

"Although I had a memorable part in a 1941 film, my career never really took off. In fact, I made more appearances in film (using a different name) before my “ten minutes of fame” than after it. Afterwards I made one film with Susan Hayward, one with Clark Gable, and one with John Drew Barrymore. Then I was blacklisted in 1951 for not cooperating. I made a few tv appearances and then left acting. Do you know me?"{font}

• 2 weeks later...