Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

This one was on the way to page 4.

This guy started out on the radio. He ventured into films in support roles in dramas mostly in comedies.His name became very familiar when he became part of a very funny 50's sit-com. Besides being in the cast he had another role in the show. He marketed that talent going on to other shows in the 1950's. Besides his acting, he wrote episodes for other tv shows including Wagon Train. Can you name this guy and the tv show that made his a household name?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Nov 25, 2011 3:10 PM

{font:Calibri}"I was born in Indiana and made my film debut in a silent feature in 1914. Though I made several silent films, my most famous role was in a talking picture. I made two talking pictures for a very talented young man, whose ambition and dedication for his craft was met with obstacles at every turn. My three daughters took after me, their father, and went into the acting business also, and two of them made a big name for themselves. Do you know me?"{font}

Edited by: allaboutlana on Nov 29, 2011 4:09 PM

• 2 weeks later...

{font:Times New Roman}"I was discovered having lunch on the Sunset Strip. That was over 50 years ago. I’ve been in tv and films ever since, appearing in films with Natalie Wood, Richard Benjamin, and Al Pacino. I certainly haven’t left Hollywood by any means. Do you know me?"{font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

This adorable guy started his career at a young age. He toured in a well known play. He began his film career in 1950. Some of the actors he's worked in films with included, Jean Simmons, Jane Wyman, Richard Widmark,Jimmy Stewart, Loretta Young. Although he appeared in many TV shows, he's best known for one that he was a regular on. He left Hollywood, had some turbulent and difficult years, but eventually became successful in a different field. Unfortunately this bright, handsome person passed when he was only in his fifties. Do you know him?.

Tommy Rettig was one of my childhood heartrobs also. He was so bright and talented. It's strange, I've been thinking about him over last week, then yesterday I watched an episode of the old Ford Theatre, and there he was in a 1/2 hour show with Edmund Gwenn, Anita Louise and George Reeves.

I purposely didn't mention his role as Mitchum's son in *River Of No Return*, thought that would make the question too easy. He had it rough for many years then found his niche inventing computer programs. He died when he was only 54. He was underrated and always a pleasure to watch. Good work, cujas your thread. (stick around).