Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

{font:sans-serif}{size:13px}I was raised in Brooklyn. {font} My hobby for painting and drawing began when I was a boy when I would copy masterpieces at the Metropolitain Museum of Art. However, I also had a good sense of comedy and opted for the theatre over my artistic talent. I s{font:sans-serif}{size:13px}poke 4 languages{font}{font:sans-serif}{size:13px} at home which helped me reach out to audiences of many ethnicities in New York. I became{font}{font:sans-serif}{size:13px} an American {font}{font:sans-serif}{size:13px}stage and screen actor, best known for my portrayal of comic characters. {font}{font:sans-serif}{size:13px} I was blacklisted {font}{font:sans-serif}{size:13px}during the 1950s, and my testimony before the HUAC{font}{font:sans-serif}{size:13px} was well-publicized. I won both a Tony and an Obie Award.

{font}{font:sans-serif}{size:13px}

Who am I? {font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}{color:black}lavender takes it again!! It is amazing, though, the similarities between Zero Mostel and Lionel Stander.

His real name was Samuel Mostel. His parents told him that he would only ever amount to "Gournisht," which is Yiddish for "zero" or "nothing." He later adopted this as his stage name, and the rest is history.

Thanks.

This actor's initial interest was pre-med. He graduated from Stanford. The acting bug bit. He was never the leading man, but a versatile actor. He played in noirs, the heavy in dramas and was very adept at comedy. In a TV sit-com he was the other half of a married couple who were best friends of another couple. His character on the show always came across as being cheap.Who was this guy?

Richard Deacon was not 1/2 of the married couple friend of the the other couple on a sit com.

However Fred Clark is more like it. Burns and Allen, he was Harry Morton, married to Blanche and George and Gracie's married friends. *Daddy Long Legs* was the musical and *White Heat* is the crime film. Your thread, finance.

By happy coincidence, verbatum from an autobiography that arrived from Amazon yesterday. Do you know me?

"I was onstage shortly before I was born. My mother was playing a part in (title) on Broadway. "But, (name)," the producer said to her, "the audience just can't accept a prostitute who's seven months pregnent." So we were fired."

???

(97,741)

Edited by: flashback42 on Mar 20, 2012 6:20 AM

The actress / auto-biographer quoted -- She and her parents were deeply involved in the live theater community, with some film experience on occasion. In film, not the headline, "bankable" stars, but solid, respectable members of the profession. The family were also involved in training and coaching other actors.

Edited by: flashback42 on Mar 22, 2012 5:59 AM

The son of a bar owner, I started my acting career as a child and went on to Broadway and Hollywood silent films. I served prison for a manslaughter conviction, having been in a fight which killed my future wife's husband. After about two years, I was paroled and went back to Hollywood where I became a fairly successful character actor. Who am I ?