Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

changed my mind, here's one.

Known as a producer, writer creator of 2 hit TV comedies. One in the 50's, one in the 60's.

A few well known actors, especially achieving TV fame got their start appearing on these shows, not as regulars on the show, but in some episodes. 2 went on to have mega hit TV shows, one in the 60's , one in the 70-80's. Another actor who appeared in the 50's show as a regular went on to star in the 60's show this writer created. Who was this funny, talented writer?

Knew that last clue would do it. Yes Nat Hiken. Sgt. Bilko (Phil Silvers Show) and Car 54 Where Are You?both came from the brilliant comedic mind of Nat Hiken. Dick Van Dyke and Alan Alda first roles were on episodes of Phil Silvers Show. Joe E Ross was in Sgt. Bilko and went on to star in Car 54. So many actors and actresses got their TV starts and went on to succesful tv series. Fred Gwynne, Charlotte Rae, Al Lewis,etc.

The movies especially Car 54 didn't do well. But I've been watching reruns of both tv shows lately and they were hysterically funny. Good work finance, you're up.

Thanks.

This talented guy began his career in the late 40's.

First on Broadway then in minor roles in films and eventually 2nd tier types of roles. He did appear in some very important films. He left films and began a career in TV. Again, not the lead but again in some legendary TV shows. He preferred being behind the camera and was a great success. Do you know him?

Yes, Jerry Paris. he was in many excellent films including *Marty*. He was great as Marty's cousin, torn between his mother and wife. Yes of course he was Jerry the dentist neighbor. He was a regular on the TV series The Untouchables. He won an Emmy for his directing skills on The Dick Van Dyke Show. He directed Happy Days. He passed away when he was 60, he had a malignant brain tumor. Very sad, a terriffic talent. good work, your thread Miles.

Thanks. Do you know me? In the forties, I was a starlet who appeared in light comedies and dramas, and even an occasional musical. During World War II, I travelled with three other women to help entertain troops in Europe and North Africa. One woman was a veteran dramatic actress, one was a singer/comedienne, and one was a Broadway dancer. While at the front, I met and fell in love with a soldier. It was a whirlwind courtship and I married him. When the four of us got back, we all played ourselves in a movie about our trip. Do you know me, and can you name our movie?