Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

I wrote (with a partner) a string of Broadway hits winning a Pulitzer along the way. I moved on to Hollywood, writing screenplays that brought me an Oscar nomination. I went back to Broadway as a director. Had a few hits including a mega-hit that brought me a Tony award. I died right after my last show opened on Broadway. It was another hit and sort of became a symbol of the era. Despite being less than heterosexual, I married and had a couple of kids, My wife was famous on stage, made a few movies and had long running success on TV. She performed until about a year before she died in her 90s.

Who am I?

Born in the Bronx, worked around Wall Street until I got a break into Broadway in the '30s. You can hear me on classic radio playing in detective shows. I costarred in movies in the '40s and '50s, mostly detective and war movies. I starred in a 4 star playhouse episode that launched my own series & kept me on TV until my untimely death. Who am I?

This beautiful actress started as a model. She had her share of "A" movies and Movie star leading men in the 40's, eventhough she never became a big star herself.

When TV came, she was offered a nice sitcom that had minor success. After that, she did notable guest shots on TV from the late 50's through the 1980's.

Hint #1: She wasn't primarily known as a musical-comedy performer, but she co-starred in a landmark musical of the 40's that featured superb tap dancing.

Muddy--she was a beautiful model who had a brief Broadway career, co-starred with the biggies in the 40's, had a brief TV sitcom in the '50's and went on to guest star on TV to Murder She Wrote.

No professional tap dancer here--but HINt--she did dance with Fred Astaire in a movie.

Maybe Muddy you're Right!

Boy that seemed to be a hard one. I remember her on "Sally!" on NBC around 1958. She was a real intelligent beauty. She did a lot of TV, but she's noted for 2 movies--Dear Ruth and The Unsuspected.

Muddy, it's all yours--

He came from a family of directors. Began directing in TV in the '50s, went on to direct a series of well-known films in the '60s, and followed with a string of hits that included one in which he directed his wife to a Oscar nominated performance. Who Am I?

I'm guessing Blake Edwards--Peter Gunn, Mr. Lucky, The Pink Panther, The Days of Wine & Roses, Breakfast at Tiffanys--I love Mancini--and he was married to Julie Andrews--Darling Lilli-----

I didn't know he came from a family of directors--I doubt if any of them had as much talent or success as he did.