Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

Thank-you very much.

Next: this child actress went on to immediate adult stardom, but it was short-lived. She started on the legitimite stage and went on to make several classic films in the 1930's. She had an extraordinary, albeit rather short, screen relationship with one of cinema's greatest directors, who served as her mentor.

Miles--you, I can always count on!--Yes, I just saw Young & Innocent--almost a "lost" Hitchcock film--Nova and Derrick we're wonderful. Hope you've seen it too.

Miles it's your turn--(FYI--we still need your assistance on taps.)

Well, I'm back after a few days away. Here's one that could be called "Do You Know Us?". In 1916, a young man named Nathan Handwerker was working at Feltman's German Beer Garden on Coney Island. On the advice of two singing waiters, he took his $300 life savings and opened his first hot dog stand, which today is known as Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs. The two singing waiters went on to successful show business careers, starring on stage, screen, radio, and later in their careers, a little TV work. They were not a team, however. Their careers were separate. Can you name them? I'll give you a hint. Each of them had a somewhat distinctive physical feature.

There used to be a Nathan's on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. I worked on the boardwalk as a summer job, and I went in there all the time........NEXT: The mention of these names should remind everyone of me. Humphrey Bogart, Fredric March, Gig Young.........and William Holden, Cliff Robertson, Kim Novak, Rosalind Russell.

I had a string of hit records and appeared on TV. My record label was owned by a movie studio and I went there to work. The first movie where I acted and performed was a big hit and for years was shown on TV at a certain time of year. My recording of the theme was probably my biggest hit record.

I only made a few more movies after that. Changing musical tastes and the demise of the musicals stalled my movie career and my recording career ran out of gas about this time too. I still sell records, but haven't had a hit single in decades.

I still perform in clubs, theatres and Las Vegas.