Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

5 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

The answer is Gigi Perreau.  Some of her movie credits are Shadow on the Wall, which TCM showed not too long ago, Never a Dull Moment and There's Always Tomorrow, both starring Fred MacMurray.  The short-lived sitcom was The Betty Hutton Show.

You are truly magnificent! That was not an easy one.

"Never A Dull Moment" has always been one of my childhood favorites.

And I also Stand Accused of having watched "The Betty Hutton Show". Unfortunately I think it only lasted one season but Betty was beautiful and in good health.

Star, Take a Bow, and you're on.....

• Thanks 1

Do you know me?  I had a 10 year career as a child actress and appeared in some of the great screen classics during the Golden Age of Hollywood.  Among the stars that I worked with were Claudette Colbert, Fredric March, Bette Davis, and Norma Shearer.  Later on I became a composer and playwright and, after a 50 year hiatus, I returned to acting, this time on stage.

Who am I?

You are Marilyn Knowlden, the "Little Girl In Big Pictures".  Marilyn played Claudette Colbert's daughter in "Imitation Of Life".  She was Kim in the 1936 version of "Show Boat".  She was in "Anthony Adverse" with Fredric March, "Marie Antoinette" with Norma Shearer, and "All This And Heaven Too" with Bette Davis.

51%2BY%2BCCcUTL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg  th?id=OIP.aTiq9U-xnOjBJJH0-9qB_AAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  

She's now 93 and still with us.

• Like 1

Do you know me?  I was a child actress, although I was never considered a star.  I actually started as a toddler in a few silent films before my career in talkies began.  I worked with many of the top juveniles in Hollywood, including Jackie Cooper, Shirley Temple, Sybil Jason, Jackie Moran, Frankie Darro, and Bonita Granville.  In my teens and twenties, I worked sporadically.  I even worked with Debbie Reynolds in one of her early pictures, playing her sister.  In the 1950's and 1960's, I occasionally worked in television, often playing mothers and aunts.  In the seventies, I appeared in an "A" list movie with Robert Redford, although my role was minor.  I retired in the eighties after a career that spanned more than fifty years.  Do you know me?

43 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Do you know me?  I was a child actress, although I was never considered a star.  I actually started as a toddler in a few silent films before my career in talkies began.  I worked with many of the top juveniles in Hollywood, including Jackie Cooper, Shirley Temple, Sybil Jason, Jackie Moran, Frankie Darro, and Bonita Granville.  In my teens and twenties, I worked sporadically.  I even worked with Debbie Reynolds in one of her early pictures, playing her sister.  In the 1950's and 1960's, I occasionally worked in television, often playing mothers and aunts.  In the seventies, I appeared in an "A" list movie with Robert Redford, although my role was minor.  I retired in the eighties after a career that spanned more than fifty years.  Do you know me?

Marcia Mae Jones 

Yes, It's Marcia Mae Jones. 

Here she is with Jackie Cooper in "The Champ" way back in 1931.

Image result for marcia mae jones  with jackie cooper 

With Bonita Granville in "These Three" (1936).

Image result for marcia mae jones bonita granville 

With Shirley Temple in "Heidi"(1937).

Image result for marcia mae jones shirley temple 

And in "The Way We Were"(1973).

Related image 

She also played the sister of Debbie Reynolds in "The Daughter Of Rosie O'Grady" in 1950, one of Debbie's earliest movies.

Good work, Princess.  You get to go next.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

This beautiful English actress starred in  swashbucklers in the 1950s. Later she went Full Throttle into American classic TV in the 50s on into the mid-60s.

Her career slowed down as she married a famous and Renown American actor in the early 1960s. But she made one pop cult film in the late 60s that was considered to be groundbreaking for its time.

When you identify this actress, don't forget to mention at least one of her films and to also remember her memorable actor husband.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:36 AM, Princess of Tap said:

This beautiful English actress starred in  swashbucklers in the 1950s. Later she went Full Throttle into American classic TV in the 50s on into the mid-60s.

Her career slowed down as she married a famous and Renown American actor in the early 1960s. But she made one pop cult film in the late 60s that was considered to be groundbreaking for its time.

When you identify this actress, don't forget to mention at least one of her films and to also remember her memorable actor husband.

Hint#1) She has Spanish ethnicity in her background.

I think it's Patricia Medina.  She was once married to Richard Greene, who played Robin Hood on TV in the fifties.  In the sixties, she married Joseph Cotten.  Her movies include "Fortunes Of Captain Blood", "Captain Pirate", and "Pirates Of Tripoli".  The cult film is probably "The Killing Of Sister George". 

3 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

I think it's Patricia Medina.  She was once married to Richard Greene, who played Robin Hood on TV in the fifties.  In the sixties, she married Joseph Cotten.  Her movies include "Fortunes Of Captain Blood", "Captain Pirate", and "Pirates Of Tripoli".  The cult film is probably "The Killing Of Sister George". 

Miles, only you would remember that Robin Hood oh, and of course I vaguely remember him too. LOL

Well, I saw Patricia Medina on Perry Mason, Me-TV last week and I thought that would be a terrific question for you.

And Ida Lupino first husband, Louis Hayward, was Patricia's  swashbuckling hero  in a number of those films.

Patricia and Joseph Cotten were truly an elegant couple.

Miles, in the words of KC and the Sunshine Band: Keep It Comin, don't stop it.....

Do you know me?  I was a successful child actor who did some work for Walt Disney, both as a live action actor and also an animated voice over actor. I also made movies for other studios and I received a special juvenile Oscar for some of my work.  As I approached adulthood, the juvenile roles dried up and I was lost.  I turned to drugs and became a narcotics addict, for which I was arrested and served some jail time.  I did some sporadic TV work, but nothing of a continuous nature.  I went to New York to try to make it on Broadway, but that also failed.  I became part of Andy Warhol's Greenwich Village arts crowd and showed that I had some artistic talent, but in the end the drugs killed me.  I died penniless in the basement of an abandoned tenement building.  Do you know me?  

27 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Do you know me?  I was a successful child actor who did some work for Walt Disney, both as a live action actor and also an animated voice over actor. I also made movies for other studios and I received a special juvenile Oscar for some of my work.  As I approached adulthood, the juvenile roles dried up and I was lost.  I turned to drugs and became a narcotics addict, for which I was arrested and served some jail time.  I did some sporadic TV work, but nothing of a continuous nature.  I went to New York to try to make it on Broadway, but that also failed.  I became part of Andy Warhol's Greenwich Village arts crowd and showed that I had some artistic talent, but in the end the drugs killed me.  I died penniless in the basement of an abandoned tenement building.  Do you know me?  

One of the saddest Hollywood stories is Bobby Driscoll.  Recognized your description immediately because his story is just so sad. His body was unidentified and he was buried in an unmarked grave for awhile until they figured out his identity. He was so good in The Window and Treasure Island.

• Sad 1

Yes, It's Bobby Driscoll.  His is one of the saddest stories involving former child actors.  By the way, he can be seen almost every 4th of July on TCM in "The Scarlet Coat", a movie he made as a teen.

Image result for bobby driscoll so dear to my heart 

Related image 

Good job, Lavender.  You get to go next.

Thanks Miles

This beautiful actress started out as a model. She did appear on the stage in NY, a talent scout saw her, she was sent to Hollywood. She was given an MGM contract. Some of the actors she appeared with in films were Van Johnson, Robert Taylor, Joel McCrea and Fred Astaire. She made films at other studios with Alan Ladd, John Payne, Clifton Web and James Mason.

She appeared on TV in many shows but became interested in business. She also became an author and lecturer. She married  and divorced several times. Who was she and name some of her films ??

6 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Miles

This beautiful actress started out as a model. She did appear on the stage in NY, a talent scout saw her, she was sent to Hollywood. She was given an MGM contract. Some of the actors she appeared with in films were Van Johnson, Robert Taylor, Joel McCrea and Fred Astaire. She made films at other studios with Alan Ladd, John Payne, Clifton Web and James Mason.

She appeared on TV in many shows but became interested in business. She also became an author and lecturer. She married  and divorced several times. Who was she and name some of her films ??

I don't know much about this one, but Fred Astaire mentioned her in his autobiography and I am an admirer of her ex-husband and son.

Arlene Dahl appeared in "Three Little Words" with Fred Astaire and "Journey to the Center of the Earth" with James Mason.

Her ex-husband was Fernando Lamas and they are parents of Lorenzo.

57 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't know much about this one, but Fred Astaire mentioned her in his autobiography and I am an admirer of her ex-husband and son.

Arlene Dahl appeared in "Three Little Words" with Fred Astaire and "Journey to the Center of the Earth" with James Mason.

Her ex-husband was Fernando Lamas and they are parents of Lorenzo.

Correct Princess, it's Arlene Dahl. Your thread

• Thanks 1

Now this handsome man didn't make much of a splash as an actor. But he later found his metier as a producer. Although he did produce some films, he had most of his success with classic TV series. He became a pioneer and trailblazer with his successful series, especially the westerns.

He attributed his success to a formula that he used in his series. His critics often attributed his success to marrying the stepdaughter of a big studio mogul.

When you identify this man, don't forget to name a couple of his Classic TV series, and, of course, the studio where all of this took place.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:06 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Now this handsome man didn't make much of a splash as an actor. But he later found his metier as a producer. Although he did produce some films, he had most of his success with classic TV series. He became a pioneer and trailblazer with his successful series, especially the westerns.

He attributed his success to a formula that he used in his series. His critics often attributed his success to marrying the stepdaughter of a big studio mogul.

When you identify this man, don't forget to name a couple of his Classic TV series, and, of course, the studio where all of this took place.

Hint#1) He was noted for using his middle name initial in his formal name.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:06 PM, Princess of Tap said:

William T. Orr. He produced Maverick, Sugarfoot, 77 Sunset Strip and Hawaiian Eye just to name a few. He was married to Jack Warner's stepdaughter and of course the studio was Warner Bros.

• Like 1