Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

man have i become addicted? :)

okay who am i?

as well as being a director, i have had my share of time in front of the camera. (although some are uncredited.)

i have been in movies with the likes of gary cooper, bob hope, and gloria swanson.

who am i?

karith

okay who am i?

as well as being a director, i have had my share of time in front of the camera. (although some are uncredited.)

i have been in movies with the likes of gary cooper, bob hope, and gloria swanson.

who am i?

Cecil B. DeMille.

Dan N.

Do you know me?

I've been honored for my work in films, not only in the United States but in other countries as well. I was also nominated for a Grammy award.

I have been in more than 90 films and TV shows, and I'm still working.

One of the "raps" against me is that I tend to look older than my real age. No problem; I frequently take roles that call for an older person.

Who am I?

Dan N.

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

You are right, no nominations, but if you'll look at the bottom of IMD under her biography, it actually states the following:

"Has been the co-recipient of 3 Grammy Awards for the Broadway stage shows, "Mame" (1966) and "Sweeney Todd" (1979) in which she played the female lead."

I posted my guess before looking anything up, but from looking at IMD,

I thought the fact that she was honored worldwide, might include the fact that she won four Tonys, was nominated for Oscars, and received some foreign acclaim for her work. BTW - I absolutely loved her interview on TCM with Robert Osbourne. Are you a fan? I love her in everything from "Manchurian Candidate" to "The Harvey Girls". I also saw her on Broadway in "Mame" when I was a kid. Great memory!

PFriedman, you are on the scent with your reply about Angela Lansbury... BUT, she's not me.

Angela was the "recipient" of the Grammy for best cast album for those plays she appeared in. But she, individually, was not nominated for the Grammy. Not to worry, though: Angela has four (4) Tony awards and six (6) Golden Globes to adorn her mantlepiece... and she's got a slew of Oscar and Emmy nominations.

I'm not Angela, and to give you another clue to my identity: I'm male.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan N.

Gotta -- somehow -- revive this flagging subject:

To summarize:

1. I am male.

2. I've been honored for my film work, in at least three countries.

3. The countries are: The USA, Great Britain, and Italy.

4. I've been in more than 90 films and TV shows, and I'm still working.

5. I tend to look older than my real age.

6. I was nominated for one "non-film" performance, for a Grammy award.

7. In one year alone, I worked in films with three (3) actresses who are Oscar winners.

To these clues, I now add another:

In my first starring role in films, I play a famous librettist.

Who am I?

Dan N.