Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

hello bart ......no

not edward g robinson

HE replaced frank morgan in a role when morgan died of heart attack...then paul ford replaced HIM 6 years later after HE suffered a heart attack

Born in the Midwest USA, I traveled the world -- well, Europe and the Middle East -- before settling down to a stint as a TV talk-show host. Eventually I entered films. I own a SAG award and was nominated for the Oscar one year.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

P.S.: I'm curious to know if anyone besides the usual suspects respond to this. Sad to say, it looks as if our once-huge pool of Trivia experts has dwindled to a precious few.

D.

..and the experts dwindle down//...to a precious few...september...november''

and the answer must be walter huston LOL

Right singer, wrong talk show host. Thanks for replying anyway, metz. Good to know somebody still visits here.

Here's another clue:

In one of my movies, I play the sweetheart of an actress sometimes referred to as "America's Sweetheart."

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Aww... You guys....

Come on, you're just throwing names up there. Steve Allen was born in NYC, Buddy Rogers in Kansas, Neil Hamilton in Massachusetts. Oprah Winfrey is female, therefore she isn't me.

I said I was born in the midwest U.S.A. I became a TV talk-show host before becoming a movie actor. I played the boyfriend of an actress who is sometimes described as "America's Sweetheart."

Okay, here's another clue:

I've said I was a talk-show host before coming to films. So maybe it's only natural that in my first film, I played a talk-show host.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Ok, now. We're trying. Jack Paar was born in Ohio, and he played himself in Variety Time, right? And sweetheart Marilyn Monroe was in Love Nest...

That's a good guess, cascabel... I never thought of Jack Paar. Some of the clues do fit him.

But I'm not Jack Paar. Remember, I said I have a SAG award and an Oscar nomination. To my knowledge, Jack Paar has neither.

Another clue: I've had the great good fortune to share the screen with not one, not two, but FIVE double-Oscar winners.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Well, it's been four (4) days and no one has posted.... so are you in the mood for a new question?

This time, rather than "Do You Know Me?" it's "Do You Know Us?"

We are two performers, a man and a woman. We both entered films and TV the same year. We both worked in films and TV for twelve years before we played our first love scene. And when that happened, it was with... each other!

The man is a very famous actor. The woman is less famous, but worked steadily, and should be known by everyone who posts here.

And no, neither of us is Jimmy Finlayson.

Who are we?

Cheers,

Dan

• 2 months later...

This time, rather than "Do You Know Me?" it's "Do You Know Us?"

We are two performers, a man and a woman. We both entered films and TV the same year. We both worked in films and TV for twelve years before we played our first love scene. And when that happened, it was with... each other!

The man is a very famous actor. The woman is less famous, but worked steadily, and should be known by everyone who posts here.

Who are we?

Cheers,

Dan