Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

Robinshood wrote:

is the american sweetheart you are refering too; Sally Fields or Merril Streep?

Robin, I think you are one question behind. Prior to the current trivia question, I had asked folks to name an actor who -- among other accomplishments -- had played the boyfriend of "America's Sweetheart." That question has already been answered.

The actor is Greg Kinnear, and the "sweetheart" is Meg Ryan. They were lovers in "You've Got Mail."

But the current question is still up.

Can anyone answer it? I'm asking you to name two performers, a man and a woman, who both entered show business the same year; worked for 12 years in movies and TV before either of them got to play a love scene; and when they did, it was with EACH OTHER!

Anyone? Name the actor, the actress, and the movie.

Cheers,

Dan

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

Okay, I'm bumping this one. It sure seems like some of our trivia experts out there ought to be able to find the answer to this question.

Identify two performers, a man and a woman. They both entered films and TV the same year. They both worked in films and TV for twelve years before they played their first love scene. And when that happened, it was with... each other!

The man is a very famous actor. The woman is less famous, but worked steadily, and should be known by everyone who posts here.

Who are they and what is the film?

Cheers,

Dan

Bumping this one again. If no one wants to try an answer, I won't bump it again. I'll just let it die... although it's a damn good trivia question.

Identify two performers, a man and a woman. They both entered show business the same year. They both worked in films and TV for twelve years before they played their first love scene. And when that happened, it was with... each other!

The man is a very famous actor. The woman is less famous, but worked steadily, and should be known by everyone who posts here.

And here's an extra clue, to help you get started on your search: The actress got her start on TV; the actor began in theatrical films and eventually became a major box office star.

Who are they and what is the film in which they played their first love scene? Remember, it was the first love scene for both of them.

Cheers,

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Though born in England, I served in the U.S. military.

Over the years, I have performed in TV shows, theatrical films, and also done voice work for animated cartoons.

I've been nominated for many, many awards, but so far have won only once.

I shared the screen with an Oscar-winning actress in two different films the same year.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

• 1 month later...

daneldorado

apologies if the last two posts on this thread were

answered somewhere and i did not see them.

i still don't know the answers.

i do have a trivia question and i think this is the right thread.

so, let's see if there's any interest here.

I'm Philly born and did radio and stage work. I hit my stride in the 1950's

with lots of TV and quite a few movies. Unfortunately, I didn't make it

to the sixties - decade or age wise.

norbell

so let's see

I'm Philly born, a Yale grad, with some radio and stage

work. You can throw in some narration I've also done.

I hit my stride in the 1950's with lots of TV and quite

a few movies. I didn't live long enough to see the 1960's

or my own sixties.

It's flattering that two of my movies show up in two of the

TCM Programming Challenges recently. Who me.

norbell

• 2 months later...

scsu1975,

Is this the thread you were talking about?

It was suggested that this thread be revived for these "who am I" types of questions.

The last one on here was never answered and I don't know it.

I'll start off with a new one. If you think you know the person the clues are referring to please reply. If you are correct you can give the clues for identifying the next person. This one is to start the thread going again and shouldn't be too difficult.

Who am I?

I was born in Chicago in 1923.

I appeared in films ranging from gritty crime dramas to Disney family comedies but am probably best remembered for my role in a musical.

I was nominated for a supporting actress Oscar just once.

In 1953 I went into television. I appeared on a popular sitcom as the stars wife but eventually left the show while it was still popular.

One of my last film roles was about a family surviving after a nuclear attack.

Who am I?

...not too good at this, and downright inept at forming questions, but i'll take a stab at it.--

I got into the Biz through athletics > stunt work > minor roles > slightly larger roles. Never

had star billing. Considerable TV work as well as films.

Robert J. Wilke is correct; Mention was made of death at the hands of heavyweight stars:

Grace Kelly shot him in the back. James Coburn knifed him in a pistol-vs-switchblade confrontation. James Stewart killed him three (count'em 3) times. Tony Curtis, Richard Widmark

and Gary Cooper all done him in too.

I, also have no name available for another round. Batter up! for the next challanger.