Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

For the love of God and all that is holy, didn't that last clue bleepin' give the game away?

The answer is: Sean Young.

The average height for a white America woman -- according to Google -- stands at 5 ft. 4.8 iches.

Ms. Young is 5 ft. 10 in. tall, so that qualifies her as "tall for a woman."

A trained balerina, Ms. Young played Isadora Duncan in "Esenin" (2005), a TV miniseries for Russian television. (You could find this out from researching both Google and the IMDb.)

She played a male role (at least) twice in her career. In 1995 she appeared as "Ms. Hyde," the alter ego of Dr. Henry Jekyll, in "Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde." Tim Daly played the saintly Dr. Jekyll when his alter ego is in check, but then he turns into the villainous Ms. Hyde.

And, in a movie seen by practically EVERYBODY (it was a huge hit), Sean Young portrayed a male football player -- a place kicker -- who had his appearance altered by surgery, in "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective" (1994).

As for the "scandalous" scene that was seen by only half the film's audience, Ms. Young was spanked over the knee of her male co-star Patrick Bergin, in "Love Crimes" (1992). It was considered so controversial by P.C. types, the scene was excised from the R-rated release that you probably saw on HBO. But the spanking is in the "Unrated" version, and it fits the plot beautifully -- proving that sometimes, P.C. bluenoses can do harm to a work of art.

My undying hanks go to pastman, Jenetico, lavenderblue, Bargar, and all the usual suspects who tried to come up with the answer to this one. I hope you will all agree it was an interesting topic.

And now, I'm throwing the board open to anyone who has a new "Do You Know Me?" question.

Cheers,

Dan

Happy Halloween 6's- Try this one.

I starred in 2 "Horror Classics". I lived to be 95 years old. My maid revealed that I gave a gold key to my boudoir to any man that I was interested in, including George Gershwin. At one time I was involved with a WWII double agent who was codenamed Tricyle.Who am I?

*Boo* ! Thanks, lavenderblue

I made my film debut acting in a Walt Disney film. Two years later, I won a British Academy award and an Oscar nomination for leading a revolution on film. Years later, I'm running an Irish bed & breakfast turned haunted castle as a tourist trap to get money. Who am I?

mr6666.. Shia LaBeouf is incorrect. However, I should further clarify the last part of the clue. Where it says "Years later..." it refers to another film, not a real life situation. I hope that helps.

Hint: I'm Irish

Tommy Steele (The Happiest Millionaire) ?? Sorry, cmvgor. Incorrect

Film Fatale... YOU ARE A WINNER !!!! Peter O'Toole is correct.

Rob Roy in Disney's Kidnapped (1960).

The title role of Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

next...

I'm stumped. I'm looking through the seven original Cinerama movies done in 35mm

This Is Cinerama

Seven Wonders of the World

Cinerama Holiday

The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm

Search for Paradise

How the West Was Won

South Seas Adventure

I probably overlooked it but Lowell Thomas seems to come the closest, though debuting at 14 rules him out. There are more films in 70mm referred to as Cinerama, but only in name. Do those count?

*I probably overlooked it but Lowell Thomas seems to come the closest, though debuting at 14 rules him out. There are more films in 70mm referred to as Cinerama, but only in name. Do those count?*

No, movies that were not in genuine three-camera Cinerama do not count. ;)

And no, it's not Lowell Thomas. B-)

If you're going to be playing with us FF, the questions will have to be a lot tougher!!

Right you are, Tony Curtis. I just read an excerpt from his new autobiography in this months Vanity Fair.Fascinating life.Not only has his art been exhibited at The Metropolitian Musuem of Art in NY but also purchased by MOMA.I'm buying his book this week.Great job and it's your turn.