Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

Okay, here's one that will NOT tax your skills. You guys are too sharp for me.

Who am I?

Though some folks would say I'm not much to look at, nevertheless I appeared in films with some of Hollywood's most attractive leading ladies. Three of them were among the buxom blonde bombshells of the 1950s, and another one was a diminutive lady who is adored by millions.

I also appeared in three films with my half-brother.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

P.S.: Now come on, guys. If it takes you even one day to come up with the answer, I'll... I'll... well, I'll give you more time.

D.

Are you Tommy Noonan?- You've worked with Marilyn, Mamie Van Doren and Jane Masfield.You also worked with Debbie Reynolds in Bundle of Joy and your half brother was John Ireland?

Very good, LBlue... Tommy Noonan it is. The "diminutive lady who is adored by millions" that I was thinking of is Judy Garland. Judy was only 4 ft. 11 in. tall. In "A Star is Born" (1954), Noonan gave the greatest speech of his career, convincing the bereft Garland that she should go on with her career, since that is what her husband died for.

And I think you've set a new record for answering these things. Your answer came through at 7 a.m., while I was still sawing logs. Well, of course we all got an extra hour last night, but still....

LBlue, the board is yours.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks Dan, although I wish that my typo wasn't there for all to see (it's embarassing)- Everybody I really can spell Jayne Mansfield!

Strange coinincidence- My mom is here for a visit and we were just discussing Gentlemen Prefer Blondes 2 days ago. For some reason my mother has always gotten a kick out of the character Tommy Noonan portrays in the film.She asked me about him. So he was fresh on my mind. Thanks for sharing that fact about Judy Garland. I had forgotten how tiny she was. I always think of Debbie Reynolds as so small. So much talent between those 2 ladies.

This one is probably much too easy but I thought it was interesting

I was a film and TV star. I was 1 in 12 athletes in history to have played for both Major League Baseball and the MBA.I am credited with being the first professional basketball player to break a backboard! Who am I?

What can I say pastman- I'm old!!!-(not really) I didn't stump you but boy I quess I picked one that was slightly obsecure! YES- Chuck Connors.Not fair how some people are born with too much talent and then there are the rest of us. Oh well- great job and now you take a crack at it.

In film, I robbed a jewelry store in b&w then went on to star in a series of six light comedy-suspense movies with the same beautiful co-star (hic!..)

Do you know me ?

You are:

William Powell (hic).

In "Jewel Robbery" (1932) you were the thief; then you went on to make several comedy-thrillers (the "Thin Man" series) costarred with Myrna Loy.

Cheers,

Dan

Robin wrote:

mickey rooney

Sorry, no. I am not Mickey Rooney, and by the way Rooney was never the highest paid star in the business. Going by his IMDb page, the most he ever made for appearing in a film was $100,000... and that's in an era when the major stars were pulling in MILLIONS!

Here is another clue: I appeared in mostly silent films.

Okay, here's the question again:

At one time, I was the highest-paid film actor in the world... in spite of the fact that I was shorter than most men.

My films number in the hundreds.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

"Harold Lloyd"?

No... How did you come up with that name?

Harold Lloyd may or may not have been the highest-paid film actor in the world. No need to research that. But he was 5 ft. 10 in. tall, and that is definitely NOT "shorter than most men."

Here's the question, again:

At one time, I was the highest-paid film actor in the world... in spite of the fact that I was shorter than most men.

My films number in the hundreds.

And yes, most of my films were in the silent era.

A new clue: I served in World War I.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan