Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

I'm an English-born WWI vet. I had a distinguished 47-year movie career. I was in some of the most popular movies of all time, usually in a supporting role. I played the title character in a movie that spawned sequels and re-makes, none of which I was involved with. Who am I?

Nix on Ronald Colman.

I'm an English-born WWI vet. I had a distinguished 47-year movie career. I was in some of the most popular movies of all time, usually in a supporting role. I played the title character in a movie that spawned sequels and re-makes, none of which I was involved with. Who am I?

New clue: The movie in which I play the title character, I'm heard more often than seen.

Thanks UC- I don't think you gave away too much too soon.I had it down after the first clue as either Basil Rathbone or Claude Rains.Then I looked up B.Rathbone & saw he was born in S.Africa not England.I knew it before the Invisble clue came up. I think you gave a great clue there and I think you did a perfect job with this one. I was just lucky that you picked an actor that I admire so much.

Ok Let's try this

I was in 100 films and starred in 2 hit television series. Who am I ?

Thanks, everyone. Welcome to Pleasantville lavenderblue :)

American actor - Travelled to London, England to study drama and begin acting in theater.

Returning to America, I play the title character in the film that made me a star. My second. Though I received widespread acclaim for this role, it made me a social leper. Who am I ?

Not John Howard, visualfeast. YES on Hurd Hatfield!, lavenderblue. His second film referred to in the clue is Picture of Dorian Gray

The macaroni & cheese was just something to smile at :)

Thanks to all for playing... Your turn lavenderblue

(please make the next one easy. Like: how many apples are in a tree?)

My career has spanned over 70 years. I have been an actor on Broadway and in film.I was in a very successful TV series.I have produced and directed many episodes of TV during my career.I appeared in 2 films of a good friend who was a very famous director.I am in a film that is scheduled to be released in 2009.There has even been a film made called Who Is ....... ........ ? (my name)

This one is for you pastman- On Broadway, I even played a character with Apple in my name!

Who am I ?

You are:

Norman Lloyd.

On Broadway in 1938 you played the character "Johnny Appleseed" in "Everywhere I Roam."

You were a regular in TV's "St. Elsewhere."

Your good friend Alfred Hitchcock put you in his films "Saboteur" (1942) and "Spellbound" (1945), and installed you as associate producer of the TV series "Alfred Hitchcock Presents."

Cheers,

Dan

Sorry, pastman- Dan got to this one first.

Dannyboy, you are right on all counts. Norman Lloyd is the one. I have so much admiration for him, so I'd like to include these facts.The film is called of course Who is Norman Lloyd and it premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. It got wonderful reviews including one from the NY Times.One of my lucky good friends goes to Sundance and got to see the film and thought it was great.In 2009 Broadway Beyond The Golden Age will open. Norman Lloyd is in the film.It seems that every notable actor around will be in it too. Mr. Lloyd is over 94 years old and I think he is remarkable.

Good job, and now you take over.

Thanks, pastman. Thanks, blue.

Do you know me?

As a teenager I performed in classic plays, and when I made my formal stage debut, it was in a Shakespearean tragedy.

In films, I portrayed Jewish activists three times, in various conflicts.

In my most famous role, I portrayed one of the most popular characters in film history.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

I will guess the late Charlton Heston.

Not sure if Moses and Ben-Hur could be considered "Jewish activists." Anyway, that's only two films. I'm not Charlton Heston, though you're right, one of his first stage roles was in a Shakespearean play.

What about my clue that "in my most famous role, I portrayed one of the most popular characters in film history?" Is either Moses or Ben-Hur one of the most popular film characters?

Anyway, I'm not the late Mr. Heston.

Here's a new clue: In one of my films, I am an admirer of Adolf Hitler.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan