Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ILoveRayMilland,

Do you have a person for us to guess yet?

It's been two weeks, and we haven't yet heard from ILoveRay, so maybe he/she is on vacation.

So, if it's okay with you guys, let me float a question of the "Do You Know Me?" persuasion.

I am an actress who once played a saint in a film, but who is nevertheless considered a sex symbol. My husband is a well-known actor as well.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

visualfeast wrote:

Caroll Baker?

At last! Somebody friggin' ANSWERED!

visualfeast, I am not Carroll Baker. It's true she once played Saint Veronica, but she is a widow, i.e., not married; therefore she does not have an actor husband. But I thank you for at least submitting an answer to Dan's little Trivia question. A rare occurrence these days.

Here is another clue to my identity:

I speak three languages fluently. However, in one film I was required to speak all my lines in a language in which I am NOT fluent.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

How about another clue?

Sure. Let's review the clues so far:

I am an actress who once played a saint in a film, but who is nevertheless considered a sex symbol. My husband is a well-known actor as well.

I am fluent in three languages, but in one film I had to speak all my lines in a language in which I am NOT fluent.

New clue:

In addition to my film work, I am also a model. I once appeared in the nude in a calendar.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

> {quote:title=molo14 wrote:}{quote}

> Hi ILoveRayMilland,

>

> Do you have a person for us to guess yet? :)

Omigosh, I am SO sorry!

I thought that was just a little thing Pastman was doing until Dan got back. I thought I wasn't supposed to do another one!!!!

Otherwise, I totally would have...it's the first time I've guessed right!

Terribly sorry if I held up the thread!

-ILRM

Here's an additional clue:

I was once voted the Most Beautiful Woman in the World, on an international TV show.

The rest of the question:

I am fluent in three languages, but in one film I had to speak all my lines in a language in which I am NOT fluent.

New clue:

In addition to my film work, I am also a model. I once appeared in the nude in a calendar.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

I'm sorry, I may be an idiot, but are you saying this person is still alive?

You certainly are NOT an idiot. No, ILRM, that is a perfectly valid question.

In these "Do You Know Me?" questions, it seems to be the norm that the person's clues are stated as if they (he or she) are still alive. After you do the research and the correct answer comes up, they may or may not still be with us.

In this case, however... here we go:

I am STILL ALIVE. (At least I was, the last time my friend Dan checked my bio on the IMDb.)

Now then. Here is the question, again:

I was once voted the Most Beautiful Woman in the World, on an international TV show.

I mentioned that my husband is a well-known actor. He and I have appeared together in nine (9) different films.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi visual and pastman:

Sorry I haven't replied to your guesses. I was out of town for two days. Just got back.

No, I'm neither Milla Jovovich nor Catherine Zeta-Jones. And vis, I know you were kidding with your question about Mickey Rooney. I have already told you I am female. I also said I once posed for a calendar in the nude. Don't think the Mick would have done that.

Here is the question again, with a new clue added:

I mentioned that my husband is a well-known actor. He and I have appeared together in nine (9) different films.

And here is your new clue: I've said I am married to an actor. We've been happily married for eight (8) years, but because of our film work, we each have a residence in a different country.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Are you... Monica Bellucci?

Welcome back yourself, pastman... because Monica Bellucci is CORRECT!!!

I was wondering how long it would take someone to find this. She played a saint (St. Mary Magdalen) but is also known as a sex symbol (once ranked in the Top Ten of Maxim's 50 Sexiest Women). And although she is fluent in three languages (IMDb says four, Google says three, so I went with the conservative pick), she appeared in a film in which she said all her lines in a language she doesn't know: Aramaic, in "The Passion of the Christ" (2004).

You're up, pastman.

Cheers,

Dan

I've been arrested more than seventy times. My mother had ties to the IRA. My father did business with the U.S. Air Force. One of my arrests was for trespassing on a U.S. Air Force base. Got three years probation for that one.

Do you know me?

Hello, visualfeast. No.. I'm not Colin Farrell. I wasn't born in Ireland. My mother was, however. My father is from the same side of 'the pond', so to speak. Another clue..

I claim to have deliberately failed my university entrance exam so I could pursue an acting career.

Turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

Howdy, mr6666. You are correct! Martin Sheen is a favorite of mine also.

Sheen's mother had fought in the Irish War of Independence and his father was a representative of IBM. He sold cash registers and early computing and copying equipment to businesses and to the U.S. Air Force.

Take it away...