Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

Are you Peggy Cummins, the beautiful young blonde in *The Late George Apley* ? (the blockbuster being *Forever Amber* )

Message was edited by: theladyeve

Thanks, here we go...

I made my film debut in one of the most popular and celebrated of American films. My own father was an actor, but my parents divorced when I was young and my mother later married a powerful Hollywood executive. He didn?t support my interest in acting at all, and I won my first role on my own.

Not Robert Walker, Jr., but a good guess...

Even though my first film was a success, my stepfather, a studio head, would not sign me to a contract. I made the remaining films I did with other studios. The man I married was originally an actor but was made an executive at my stepfather?s studio.

Not Catherine either.

My own father?s acting career was originally as a ?Latin Lover? type. He later moved to the production end of film and worked on several classics.

Perhaps because of my ?ethnic? look most of my film parts were supporting roles.

You are: Joy Page.

First film: " Casablanca" (1942).

Father was Don Alvarado, who played Latin-lover types in silent films.

Mother married Jack L. Warner, a studio exec who did NOT support his stepdaughter's ambition to appear in films.

Cheers,

Dan

Do you know me?

I am an American actress who appeared in more than 40 movies and TV shows. At one time, I was a Bond girl, meaning that I appeared in one of the many adventures of Agent 007, James Bond.

My husband and I were happily married for more than 30 years, and the interesting thing about that is that I proposed to him rather than vice versa. We remained married until his death.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi to those that came up with replies.

Sorry, I am neither Jill St. John nor Shirley Eaton.

In my original question, I said I had appeared in more than 40 movies and TV shows. But Shirley Eaton never appeared in that many.

Also, I said that my husband and I were happily married for more than 30 years, and that I am his widow. Jill St. John has had four marriages, none of which have lasted that long. And she has never been a widow.

New clue: I was born in New York city.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan - haven't heard from you in over a week...if we don't hear from you soon we ought to open this thread up, I think...

Here's one for now - hopefully Dan will be back...;

My family was prominent in Big Sky country and I knew a youngster close to my age who also went into the movies...

Who am I?