Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

I am, indeed, Charlie Ruggles, who worked in films from the teens through the 60's. My best known films were *If I Had a Million*, *Ruggles of Red Gap* (I wasn't Ruggles!), *Bringing Up Baby* and *The Parent Trap* - but as mentioned there were many, many others. Had my own TV show, "The Ruggles" and had a recurring role in "The Beverly Hillbillies." An enviable career however you look at it...

Your turn...

For some reason, when I post, I like to write what I think the person would say about themselves and their life (without dropping names) , and not just list a bunch of facts (it makes it more fun and creative), and I speak in the first person.

?I?ve been told I have a delicious sense of humor. I admit I like being different. In some of my movies, I?ve played victim to a Master of Horror and even something that grows. I?ve been told I have expressive eyes, even by a?a king no less. In real life, I proposed to an aspiring actor, because he wouldn?t propose to me. I saw a writer in him and tried to get him to sell himself in that way. We were one of the chic couples of Hollywood, but like most marriages with its ups and downs and wanting different things, we learned to move on and parted as friends. My film career was doing well enough, but not consistently so. So, I turned to tv and for two years wore only black. (I loved it.) But, I?m fun by nature and love doing anything I can get into. I?m especially good at parties. Just say you?ll come.?

?Who am I??

?I am Carolyn Jones, Oscar-nominated for THE BACHELOR PARTY, where I asked Don Murray to ?just say you love me?you don?t have to mean it.? I was married to Aaron Spelling, creator of ?Charlie?s Angels? and father to Tori Spelling. I was featured in HOUSE OF WAX with Vincent Price and INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS with Kevin McCarthy. KING CREOLE was a highlight in both my and Elvis Presley?s careers. But, many people may know me as Morticia Addams in the tv show, ?The Addams Family,? in that neat wig and long silky black dress. Since then, I?ve had my imitators, but they say that?s the best form of flattery. I just hope I?ve brought joy to those who need it.?

Your turn.

Message was edited by: allaboutlana

I was one of the good looking young men that escaped the draft because of 4F status. I started out on Broadway, dancing and singing. I was discovered and wisked to Hollywood where I began my movie career in a starring role.

I was one of the good looking young men that escaped the draft because of 4F status. I started out on Broadway, dancing and singing. I was discovered and wisked to Hollywood where I began my movie career in a starring role.

No to Gene and Fred

I was often overlooked in my film roles because of an overly strong co-star, but for a while I got good roles. Often compared to Tyrone Power, I was less cautious in my private life and it proved to be detrimental to my career. I was banished to England to do two "B" films as punishment for not complying with the strict studio rules of the day.

Neither Van nor Errol...

I began a relationship with a fellow actor that had the studio in a frenzy. We didn't want to play the game, so we lived our lives on our own terms. That is why our careers ended while we were still in our twenties. I even caved once and married. It only lasted a year and the illusion was ended for good.

Not so wild a guess, but no...

My partner, heving held on to his juvenile looks was starred in several films as a youngster...among them were a great scare film with two classic actors, and the other was about a World champion racehorse.

After my banishment to England, my film work dried up, so I returned to the stage. I also started to drink heavilly which made me undependable so that was short-lived too.

I died of Acute Hepatitis while still a handsome young man. My partner moved on with his life, settling in Lake Tahoe and working in Real Estate. He lived there until his death just a few years ago.

I only have one more clue for this man, which will come next time, if no one guesses correctly..

I think the partner of this actor in question is Lon McCallister. (The Red House,The Story of Seabiscuit)

I think the actor in question is William Eythe. (The Ox-Bow Incident and The Song of Bernadette)

But I?ve never heard of him, even though I?ve seen The Song of Bernadette and love it.

If I?m right, I will come up with something to guess.

?I?ve been very fortunate to have a long career in Hollywood. I?ve made a lot of great films with a lot of talented costars, including three I made with a very charming fellow. It has even been said that we, this fellow and I, were like champagne on screen. I?ve always been a romantic at heart, too, and, in fact, my fondest memories are of one particular movie that I made without him. I have been nominated numerous times for an Oscar. I was among the first to be nominated for a comedy. Twice, twice for a comedy. Two years in a row, I think. But, I never won. I think about my fans who wanted me to win. I?m grateful for them and their devotion. You know, I wouldn?t have gotten into films, if it hadn?t been for the Metropolitan Opera Company. I wanted so much to be a part of them, but it wasn?t meant to be. But, you chalk it up to experience and move on. You see, you have to have perseverance and a kind of joy of being here, joy for living and not taking things too seriously. It?s funny though, future filmgoers may not know of me, for many of my films have been remade. But, you don?t take life for granted. You have to remember who you are and where you come from. Family. Family is what matters. Those trips down the Mississippi River with my father, who was a steamship and riverboat inspector and Mama. I got my love of music from her. ?

?Who am I??

Message was edited by: allaboutlana

You?re good.

?I am Irene Dunne. Even though I was in The Awful Truth, (Oscar-nominated), Penny Serenade, and My Favorite Wife with Cary Grant, my favorite movie was Love Affair with Charles Boyer. I auditioned for the Met, but was turned down to due to my lack of experience. And, even though, some of my movies have been remade, many may know me as the Norwegian mother in I Remember Mama. But, nothing I have done in the movies has been as thrilling as the times I had with my father on the Mississippi.?

Your turn.

I was born in Brooklyn, N.Y. and although I am female I was named after my uncle who was killed in WW1..I went to finishing schools here and in Switzerland, one of my roomates was Marlene Dietrich's daughter... I got my start on the Broadway stage and was spotted by a Hollywood talent who signed me to a long term contract with 20th Century fox ...I am considered to be one

of the three most beautiful women of all time..Although I am of pure Irish extraction I very often played exotic asian women..WHO AM I ?

Thanks...

Here's a new one...

1. I was a good looking Southern boy who escaped to New York as soon as I could. I met many Broadway people, and because of my open personality, I soon found myself a popular guy on his way to the big time. Hollywood beconed, and in short order, I was a top male star.

No, I'm not Dana...I'm a bit older than he.

2. I became the number one star for a time, and had a crush of fans that delighted at seeing me out and about. I also had many stars who were fans, among whom was Joan Crawford. My forte in films was comedy/romance.