Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

Thanks,Deb

We moved to Ca. when I was three. I was a very cute kid. My dad became ill and was in the hospital. When I'd visit I would sing to him. A casting director was there and heard me sing. That's how my career began. Who am I ?

I was in a film, then appeared in a series of well known comedy shorts. I wore a crooked baseball cap and a baggy sweater off one shoulder. I was the really cute one!

visual that was an excellent guess and so close, but I'm not him. The reason you're so close is that a producer felt there was a resemblance betwwen me and Jackie so he dressed me like him. After these appearences in the shorts I went on to do quite a few films playing youngsters. I did a much loved musical.

No, I'm not Mickey.

The musical I appeared in had a few very famous and beloved actors. This one is shown on TCM every so often. Not huge like the very well known ones, but enjoyed by many- it's mentioned on the site every now and again.

Message was edited by: lavenderblue19

Sorry, not that Jackie either.

I appeared in 100 films and TV productions. I was the sidekick to another cute kid in those shorts - not as cute as me. In fact, I never went thru an ackward stage, I was always good looking.

To get back to my films, I was in a bio of one of the most famous singers that ever lived. I played him as a teenager.

Correct UC, Scotty Beckett. Spanky's sidekick in the *Our Gang* series. So many good films including *Anthony Adverse* ,*King's Row* ,*My Reputation* , *The Jolson Story* , *A Date With Judy* ,etc. He was Winky in the sci-fi show *Rocky Jones, Space Ranger*. His ending was sad and tragic. Drugs, alcoholism, arrests. Finally committed suicide. He as only 39 years old.

Good Job, Unclecharlie, Thanks for playing this round visualfeast and fin.

Your turn Unclecharlie

Thanks, blue.

I was known as one of the premier character actors in American film. I was nominated for 5 Academy Awards. I also won a Tony for my stage work. I was born in Massachusetts and died in Connecticut. My final resting place is in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Who am I?

Arthur Kennedy was in practically all the great films of the 40s, 50s and 60s and nominated several times too. Are you Arthur Kennedy?

I?m going to make my posts like others and just give a few clues or facts at a time.

I appeared in English films from 1934 to 1937 before emigrating to New York City, even though I am not of English descent. Two of my most important films in my career were both made in 1939. But I had some memorable appearances in the 1980s as well.

As there are no responses, I will give more clues:

"I spent time in a convent school in London while growing up. Williams Butler Yeats and James Joyce were clients of my father's law firm and often visited the family home when I was a child. My father's law firm is mentioned in Joyce's classic novel "Ulysses". At one point I was in a school with Vivien Leigh, and I became a childhood and lifelong friend of Irish actress Maureen O?Sullivan. My Irish temperament clashed with those who told me what to do and I was suspended several times for my refusal to appear in several Warner Bros. pictures Therefore, I was nixed for the role that would go to Mary Astor in The Maltese Falcon. Despite being nominated one time for Supporting Actress, I never attained super stardom as some of my friends. My son became an award-winning director. A role in a 1968 film required me to sing. Displeased with the results, I took voice lessons. I later became a cabaret artist. I was a nightclub hit and appeared three times on Broadway over the years. I was nominated for directing a play on Broadway in 1982. Overall, I am proud of my rebellious moments, but I wish I'd handled them better. In an 80s film I portray an old lady who's ruthless, and very rich and very happy, but who had a grandson who never grew up."

This should be a lot more help, but I do have one or two more that are dead giveaways.

Sorry, but I tried to post earlier and couldn?t.

?I am Geraldine Fitzgerald who was Isabella in Emily Bronte?s classic story ?Wuthering Heights? brought to life by director William Wyler. Isabella would ultimately become Heathcliff or Laurence Olivier?s wife. On the other end of the spectrum, I was Rodney Dangerfield?s mother-in-law in ?Easy Money.? What a change, I must say. I also played Dudley Moore?s very expressive grandmother, who advised him to ?marry Susan and cheat with the nobody from Queens.? My son is Michael Lindsay-Hogg, who codirected ?Brideshead Revisited,? the BBC miniseries in the 1970s. I was in ?Rachel, Rachel?, where Paul Newman directed for the first time. That role took me into a new career as a cabaret artist, and my show ?Streetsongs? was a nightclub hit. I am the grand-aunt of Tara Fitzgerald and a cousin of Nevil Shute, whose book ?On the Beach? was made into a film starring Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner. And, I?m related, but distantly, to James Joyce. The Irish are proud people, and it?s proud I am to name my kin.?

Your turn, timothy17.

ok here it goes...

1) I'm an actor who was born in San Jose, California. I was popular in the forties and fifties