Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

Another good guess but I'm not terriffic Jean.

One of my marriages caused controversy so that my husband and I moved to Spain to get away from the publicity - That ended in divorce anyway- another marriage was to a convict that was sent up for murder and robbery!-

Violet you got it- I'm Sue Lyon

Didn't get to use my jailbait clue - *Lolita* and *The Night Of The Iguana* were huge films for me- and I won the Golden Globe as best female newcomer for *Lolita*

Good work and you're up- btw 1st time I've been able to post since early this morning- wouldn't let me post all day- Thank you violet and visualfeast for playing this round with me.

Message was edited by: lavenderblue19

Sorry I was eating Pizza (pepperoni, peppers and anchovies) now let me see, I made plenty of films in my native country beginning when I was a teenager, and I was considered one of the great beauties of film, when I shocked everyone by posing for a cover wearing a mustache and shaving it off...I also made a film that takes place on a ship with Mr. Sinatra. Who am I

My parents,grandparents on my mother's side and my 2 sisters have all been actors. I started on the stage at a young age. Then went to Hollywood. I've made 78 films, 5 made for TV movies and was on a TV show for 5 years as one of the leads. A few of my films are considered to be classics. I was one of the final contenders to be Scarlett. I have made more films with a famous German director than any other American actor or actress. Some of these are are also considered to be classics in that genre. Who am I ?

This should be fairly easy, I think.

?I was born and raised in a trunk, as the saying goes. To be precise, a circus trunk. My father was in the circus and, as a child, I went all over Europe with him.. I would eventually make my way back to America and have a very prosperous career in the movies as an adult. I married well, a larger-than-life personality who demanded everything around him be spectacular and done in a big way. A movie was made about my husband, and I have the interesting footnote in my biography to say I?ve seen myself portrayed in a movie by one of my fellow actors. I?m usually typecast as eccentric and filthy rich with not much upstairs, but children will remember as a symbol of goodness and beauty forever.?

I'll give it a shot! I am one of the most typecast character actors in movie history, although I have been in well over a hundred films in many different roles, I am best remembered for playing the father of the star. I played the father of Judy Garland, Elizabeth Taylor (twice), Dean Stockwell (twice), Margaret O'Brien (twice), and Doris Day (twice), as well as others. When I did my first TV series it was "Life With Father" based on the movie with William Powell. Later, I did another TV series. This time it was "Father Of The Bride" based on the movie with Spencer Tracy. Do you know me, or do you need more clues?

Thanks, Miles- haven't played a round with you in awhile- stick around- the thread is more fun with you here.

I made my first film appearance when I was 6. I won a special academy award for one of my performances in a much loved film.I had a pushy stage mother and when my parents divorced I asked the court to have my father appointed as my guardian. I wasn't able to successfully transition into adult roles. I did stage work and some TV appearances- I even appeared on the Dating Game -

Who am I?