Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdb1

Do You Know Me?

Absolutely correct- Peggy Ann Garner it is. I was given the Hasty Pudding Theatrical Award in 1956 and since neither one of my parents showed up for one of my weddings, Ed Sullivan gave me away.

I just finished watching *Black Widow* and I didn't recognize Peggy - especially as a villianess.!

Great work,eve and it's all yours- btw - thanks visual for playing this round.

I was born in New York and began in show business as a prop boy and bit player and worked with touring groups and burlesque companies. I became what used to be known as a "matinee idol." I appeared in dozens of films and died while filming my last. I was replaced by another actor and so am not credited for that role.

Yes, I?m Louis Calhern! Interestingly, I replaced Frank Morgan when he died early in the filming of *Annie Get Your Gun*. Paul Ford took my role in *Teahouse of the August Moon* after my demise.

Good work ? and the thread is yours, *lavenderblue19*

When I was 18 I won a beauty contest sponsored by a film studio. I did bit parts for 2 years.After that I left and went to another studio and then my career took off. I was considered sexy and glamourous. My most productive years were between 1939-1951. I appeared on TV in the 60's on a long running show. Who am I?

BTW- Thank You ladyeve. I couldn't post until now

Which one am I suppose to respond to.? Look, the proper behavior on the trivia threads is to post *1* answer at a time. Then wait for a response before posting another answer. That's the way it's always been done, and there is no reason to change the rules.

Gracious! You don?t have to get ruffled over such a thing. Sorry. I?m not trying to change anything.

My main guess is Ann Sheridan. Are you Ann Sheridan?

Gracious! Even if we are supposed to follow rules, we're supposed to at least keep it fun.

This is supposed to be a pleasant diversion. I pass to whoever wants it.

Message was edited by: allaboutlana

As a young man I attended military school. When I was kicked out, the student body and all the officers in the entire battalion went on strike because they felt I was unfairly treated. They would not go back to class unless I was reinstated. The school capitulated I received a letter signed by every cadet in the battalion saying they?d won my reinstatement.

(A note on the last few posts?most of the time these threads are fun, occasionally there?s a dust-up, usually over a misunderstanding or something small. As to multiple guesses, generally, it?s a guess from one or more people and a reply from the poster. Also, in passing on the threads, it happens occasionally but not repeatedly. New posters can scroll back on the threads and see how they originated, what rules if any were set down and what traditions are in place.)

lana- what makes you think it's fun to see your posts all over the place- It's not fun anymore- this is NOT allaboutlana! You are the only one that posts multiple answers at once- fun for you maybe-

Just do what everyone else does- post 1 guess and wait for a response.- you are hogging the board- And you've passed 3 times ina row- if you have no intention of posting a question then stop posting answers!

in case this got lost in the last couple of posts:

As a young man I attended military school. When I was kicked out, the student body and all the officers in the entire battalion went on strike because they felt I was unfairly treated. They would not go back to class unless I was reinstated. The school capitulated I received a letter signed by every cadet in the battalion saying they?d won my reinstatement.