Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me?

Thank You, ladyeve- I come from a show biz family. I have played comic and dramatic roles. I was a well known supporting player. I've been on the Radio, Broadway and have appeared in over 270 film and TV productions. I appeared in a long running TV show(1979- 1980) as a regular character. Although most of my film roles were before this time period.. My dad and I appeared in a few films together. Who am I?

Good clues, lavendar...thanks...

I didn?t start out in the theater, but as an insurance agent. Later, on Broadway, I became successful in character parts. I went on to Hollywood and appeared in more than 85 films. I was quite typecast, but made money at it!

A respected magazine referred to me as ?the late? prior to my death. I demanded a retraction and got it. Unfortunately, just as the publication went to press, I dropped dead?so while the papers were reporting my death, the magazine carried an apology for its erroneous report of my passing!

Thanks,eve- always enjoyed his performances-

I never got the lead or the man for that matter. I was lovely to look at- tall and blonde.I did appear in some film classics in the 40's. I was a regular on 2 very popular TV shows. I played a character in a very famous film- my character's name was actually my real name! I spoke with a foreign accent even though I was born in NY. I thought it would give me in edge when it came time to cast for a role. Little did I know it worked so well I was forced to use the accent in all my film roles!

Who am I?

I have had a steady career in support roles, mostly in television. In the late 1980s, I worked for a couple of years in a courtroom-based series. In the 90s, I took on a role in a law-enforcement setting that continues to the present. Of my 1980s role, one reveiwer asserted that he was the "most irritating continuing series character since Eddie Haskell" (of "Leave It To Beaver" fame).

Should be easy. Who am I?

Negative re Vincent, although that's a guess I might have made. Also, Vincent and I now have the same employer. I have worked, as the same character, in two different series of the *L&O*

franchise, and in fact I was in the premier episode of both of them.

?I was born in what is now Austria. My father, who was proud of his homeland, made a name for himself in opera, being renowned for his Wagnerian work, but retired to be a comedian in Austrian films. The acting bug hit me early in life and I made movies in Austria from 1922 to 1932. My first appearance in an American movie was in 1942 and I had gained considerable weight in the interim. I was quickly typecast as what you might call the heavy, playing sinister types and unscrupulous characters, more times than not in tales on the high seas and adventures. I was given a few chances to do more than that, playing instead second banana to the lead actors, as manservants and such. But, work is work, and I acted in films and on tv until 1980. I tried to instill into my children my work ethic. My daughter, who was an exceptional student, was able to skip the eighth grade. I taught her German as her first speaking language and taught her English when she was five. I told her that once you?re hired you should never quit your job. She had been in daytime television, as the same character since 1971 and has won many awards for using the gifts God has so blessed her with.?

?Do you know me, my father, and my daughter??

OK, we'll start with just a few clues.

I was born in England and played mainly romantic leads in the 1930s and 40s. My career continued into the 1960s. I was nominated for an Academy Award, and one of my wives won an Academy Award.

Thanks, scsu- Just watched *The Best Of Everything* the other night. I hope you'll visit the trivia threads more often. Especially this one.

I'm known as a very beautiful and glamourous actress. I've appeared on Broadway, given concerts all over the country, and recorded an album.I've been on television and have appeared in over 40 films. Some of the films I've been in are considered classics. I am a philanthropist.

Who am I ?